Managing Manager

About an hour had past since I met Mr. McDonald. I was sitting in my apartment, running fingers across the bubble letters. I hated to admit it, but they were very well done.

We were planning on calling it immediately but Kayley stopped when I said it might be the clown's number. It's be kind of awkward to call right away. Plus, we were still trying to calm ourselves down after our encounter.

Kayley soon left me by myself when she was called into work. Apparently a cat was brought in that was missing three legs. "It'll be missing four if I don't go in now," Kayley yelped as she started full on sprinting to work. Embarrassing.

I finally decided to man up when I typed the number in my phone. A stern voice immediately answered.

"Kaylynn speaking, who is this?"

"Uh," I scratch my head, "this is Shay."

"Shay? Oh! Mr. McDonald told me that you might be reaching out. What do you want?"

I introduced myself and cut to the chase. Apparently she was Macdonald's manager. I spent what seemed like an eternity trying to convince this lady to let me write a book about her client. I explained the idea as best as I could but she cut me off.

"We just don't think that he needs a book right now. His main audience is a bunch of teenagers, they don't read."

"Don't disrespect the quirky girls like that," I exclaim, "there may be enough of them to read it!"

"Don't get all defensive on me. McDonald liked you and that lanky friend of yours. He had a different idea that I think you might be interested in. How familiar are you with Instagram?" She asks.

"Familiar? I only run one of the most beautiful accounts on the entire app!"

"I highly doubt that," she sighs but I quickly tell her my username so she can see if for herself.

"Wow," she gasps, "I stand corrected. These memes are fire! Such amazing editing skills! Would you like to run Mr. McDonald's Instagram account? Reintroduce him to the public and show the world what he's up to?"

"Really?" This is definitely not where I thought this conversation was going and it completely changes the plan, but I could still make money off of it.

"You'll be paid depending on how much attention it gets him. A certain amount of money for a certain amount of engagement. I can have a proposal written up and sent to you by tonight dealing with your pay. But what do you think overall?"

"Kaylynn, this isn't about the money." I almost laughed at my own lie, "so as long as I can still tell a story through Instagram... I'm in."

My plan with the book was to expose all of the clown's deepest secrets and become a best seller. But this works too! I can just follow him around and post some Instagram photos, but in reality I'm collecting his secrets. I'll just write the book without anyone knowing!

"Perfect," Kaylynn says a little unenthusiastically, "could you start in a few days? We want to get a jump start on this project. I'll send you the information on your pay tonight."

"I'm free whenever you need me, Mr. McDonald will be my top priority!"