Wendy From Wendy's

I tried not to look surprised but I think I failed miserably. Wendy dated McDonald? The crossover of a lifetime and nobody knew about it?! Now this is book material.

McDonald seemed embarrassed about the whole thing and refused to make eye contact. Wendy was cute, but she seemed absolutely crazy. I'd be embarrassed too.

"An ex," Kayley snorted, "I should've guessed. Why don't you just take your square meat and leave?"

"Ronald, you're going to let them talk to me like that?" Wendy rests a hand on his shoulder. "I was just looking out for you! I was worried that you were dating Claudia, but you're not. Now your friends are making a big deal out of it."

I could practically see the smoke coming from Claudia's ears when she finally speaks. "We're just putting you in your place."

"Of course you'd say that! You've always been jealous of me."

"Wendy," McDonald flings her hand from his shoulder, "I think you should leave."

She seemed shocked at his words but her surprised expression soon morphed into an angry one. "Leave? Me!? I work here. Why don't you leave?"

"Lady," I snap my fingers in a z-formation, "we're here to get Instagram pics. Simple as that. We don't want all this drama."

Wendy huffed and spun around. Her braids trailed behind her as she rushes away.

"I'm so sorry about that you guys," McDonald says after a moment, "I didn't know she'd be here."

"Don't worry about it, we all have crazy exes," Claudia assured.

"It's true," Kayley adds, "I'm just glad it wasn't my ex. I dated Dracula."

Nobody really knew what to say to that so we just started eating. I snapped some pictures of Claudia and McDonald munching on their food and I knew I had a few good shots. Claudia was super photogenic and McDonald looked decent enough.

We spent the rest of our dinner in casual conversation and I found myself enjoying everyone's company. I wondered if we could all be friends. Like in that show: Friends.

I wished that I could get along better with McDonald and that Kayley wasn't so tall, but we don't always get what we want. I think I could look past that and form some deep connections... except I am stealing their secrets for money. McDonald's secret in particular but I had to lie to Claudia to get here. Am I willing to sacrifice the bonds I've made for a few bucks? Yes. Obviously. But I'm not happy about it.

When I arrived back at my apartment I was ready to throw myself in my bed and never wake up. I didn't even scroll through Tiktok that's how tired I was. But first I had to write about the things I'd learned today.

I heard a knock on my door and I quickly slammed my computer shut. I walked with swagger to the door but when I threw it open... nobody was there. I looked down the long hallway but couldn't see anyone. Weird.

I went back inside and something caught my eye. A piece of paper must've been slipped under the door!

I bent over and picked it up. My jaw dropped when I read what was on it.

Meet me at the iHob.
Tomorrow at 8:00.
We can have breakfast.
I know your secret.

- Kortney The Weatherman