Pizza Time

Kayley eventually showed up to the garden. She sashayed towards us with a medical kit in hand. Her lab coat blew behind her in the wind, whipping like a superhero's cape.

"Is that the Charlie's Chicken Chicken?" She asked, star struck.

"Unfortunately," McDonald responds dryly.

"You know," I stop picking up the trash and food strewn across the grass and looked at the group, "maybe we should just leave him here after Kayley does her examination."

"Can we do that?" Claudia asks.

"You've included him in the meeting, so that should be enough to follow your contract. We can take the Instagram pictures somewhere else." McDonald agrees.

"Isn't it wrong to just leave him?"

"Nah," Kayley checked the Chicken's heart rate, "he's just napping. Whatever is going on with him is mental, not physical. Yo we should go get some pizza or something!"

Mr. McDonald and I look at each other. Was she inviting herself? Probably.

"Food sounds great," Claudia bends down and grabs the papers from the floor, "we've already discussed the show stuff. All we need are some photos."

We all agreed on a pizza place and took our separate cars. Kayley ran from the clinic all the way to the garden so I let her ride with me.

"So," Kayley says from the passenger seat, "what have you found out about Ronald?"

"Nothing too incriminating other than his bad attitude."

"That's it?"

"That's all I need to write a dramatic book. Exaggerate a few details here and there. What do you want to know?" I ask.

"Um, do you know if he's single?"

"Single?" I snort, "I bet. Who would put up with that attitude? Why do you ask?"

"I was just wondering."

I decided against pushing it any further and we joined in beautiful harmony to the radio until we arrived at the destination. McDonald might've been a decent singer, but nothing could compare to the music that Kayley and I could make. It was beautiful.

The pizza place was very aesthetic with gothic black walls and lots of natural light. There were low hanging bulbs that Kayley had to duck to avoid as we entered. We were seated at a booth and I somehow ended up sitting next to the clown. Of course.

"What kind of pizza do you guys want?" Claudia asks.

We all chime in our pizza orders but then I remembered something very important. Claudia has always had a distaste for pizza.

"Wait, you don't even like pizza." I point at Claudia.

"Yeah, I'll just get a salad or something."

"No, that's not fair to you. Why don't we go somewhere else?" McDonald suggests.

"Are you kidding? This place is perfect for pictures! I don't mind getting something else here."

Claudia assured us that all was well and we planned to take pictures whenever the food was ready. I suggested that Kayley and McDonald switch spots so we can take pictures of Claudia and Ronald together. McDonald seemed hesitant to get up for some reason, but he eventually plopped down next to the superstar.

"Here's your food," a server with ginger hair said as she passed us our plates.

"Wendy?" McDonald gasps and the server looks up.

"Ronald! What a surprise seeing you here," she gives him one of those awkward side hugs, "how are things?"

I looked at Wendy and suddenly realized who this person was: Wendy from Wendy's! Her iconic red braids were flowing down her shoulders and her freckled face held a bright smile.

"Things are good with me. Why are you here? Is everything alright with Wendy's?"

Wendy explained that she got so sick of the square meat all the time that she had to have a break. She works at this pizza place part time to "cleanse her pallet".

"So, you're dating her?" Wendy asks just a raised brow, looking at Claudia who was already eating her salad.

"No, we're doing a collaboration."

"Good," she looks at Claudia, "no offense darling. It's just that you have a... history. We wouldn't want that to affect Ronald, would we?"

"Maybe you should mind your own business lady," I finally chime in, "who do you think you are? Talking about somebody's personal life like that?"

"Who do I think I am? Well, I'm Ronald McDonald's ex girlfriend. Obviously."