Epilogue Your Mom

Kayley wasn't very happy to hear the news that Ronald and I were dating. In fact, she was so upset that she just started sprinting away.

"Well I'm very happy for you two," Jaiden congratulates.

Jaiden had been doing well these past months. She still works at Charlie's Chicken but now she also helps with graphic design for Macdonald's on the side. Very cool! Very artsy!

"Thank you," McDonald looked at me and smiled, "we didn't want to make a big deal out of it."

"Big deal? It's a massive deal!" Ella exclaims.

Ella was a still a nurse but she had since gotten her belly button pierced. It was a lifelong dream of hers, finally accomplished.

"Thanks Ella. We're glad it's finally official." I chuckle.

We decided to announce our relationship at the garden that the Charlie's Chicken Chicken had torn up. It was back to its former glory and Jasmine was live-streaming the whole thing. We thought we'd tell the public and our fiends all at once, to save time.

Ronald McDonald and I had a bit of an interesting relationship after our conversation at the bridge. There was a weird love triangle with Kayley, an imprisonment, and an attempted assassination on the Burger King King before we got together. It'd been a long few months.

"Shay," Lexi approached us, "I'm so excited for you!"

Lexi had become an worldwide famous fanfic writer after making a very spicy story about Moth Man. She was attending the garden party to scope out some new inspiration.

I was about to thank her when Krysta came running up to me. She held her phone in her hand and wordlessly passed it to me.

"Hello?" I say.

"Hey Shay," Ericka herself greets from the other end of the phone.

"Ericka?" I gasp dramatically. "What's up girl? We still down to finish that movie during the visiting hours?"

"Of course, I just wanted to congratulate you! My cell mate, Kaitlin, snuck in a phone to watch the livestream."

Ericka was thrown in prison. Trombummer. But we mended our friendship! She promised to be less insane when she's out of the slammer. I believe that she can change with the power of friendship! The power of our flower bond.

The call ended abruptly when Krysta snatched up the phone. She apologized, saying she needed to see the reference for a makeup look she was working on. Guess I'll talk to Erica later.

Kortney came walking up with the love of her life, Stefan Salvatore. She'd actually been offered a promotion to be a reporter recently! But she turned it down when she heard you can't drive a car through people's yards as a reporter. She's still a weatherman. She giggled about something before turning to Ronald and I.

"We have to go on double dates! How fun would that be?"

"So fun." I force a smile.

"Think about it. You and Ronald McDonald. Me and Stefan Salvatore. Kaylynn and the Charlie's Chicken Chicken." Oh yeah, they got remarried. "All on a date! That would be so incredible."

McDonald took over for me and started babbling about their dream dates. I, of course, got bored and walked away.

"Yo," Hannah runs up to me, "I see you took my advice."

Hannah actually had suggested making the relationship public with the livestream and had been helping me a lot with my relationship with Mr. McDonald in general. I definitely misjudged her when we first met. She was pretty darn cool.

"I did, thanks man." I pat her shoulder.

We started chatting about Catholicism before we were interrupted by Jasmine. "Smile at the camera!" She exclaims.

Jasmine's plan to become a vlogger backfired horribly. All of her old fans left and even having Ronald in a vlog couldn't bring in new viewers. Someone else took her spot as one of the most famous YouTubers. That person was Benton. The lego building was back baby!

Jasmine was getting by with doing odd filming jobs. She turned the camera from Hannah and I and focused in on Claudia. She was chatting it up with some waiter but turned to wink at the camera. Claudia's show was becoming an absolute hit, so Jasmine wanted a few shots of her.

"Hey everybody, get a load of me!" Kayley called from the other side of the garden. I turn in shock to see her walking hand in hand with the Burger King King.

I run up to her as quick as my little legs could move. "Kayley, what are you doing?"

"I'm just here with my boyfriend. Yeah, my boyfriend. The Burger King King."

"Oh my gosh!" Kaylynn and her husband join the conversation, "you both are so cute! The Charlie's Chicken Chicken always loved the Burger King King and his hot crown."

I felt like that information wasn't supposed to be heard by another human soul... so I awkwardly left.

I found Ronald McDonald in the crowd and I smiled at him. He was still doing whatever a mascot for a major food chain does, but I was trying something new. I was trying to write something for the pleasure of writing - not for money.

That didn't last very long but that was for the best. Toca Boca themselves reached out to me in hopes that I'd help them develop a script for their upcoming TV show and, get this, I'd get a lot of money. It would be hard and honest work, but I knew I could do it.

With McDonald and my friends by my side... anything is possible.

Well, other than Ericka getting out of prison.

That life sentence is pretty impossible to change.