.21. The Lady is careless

The emperor now lowered his eyes at me, clearly displeased by my responce

"but you have received a name by God, a right to sit on the throne. as well as my blessings" the emperor had a grin saying the last words, does he think I'll simply accept?

well unlike Aristia who is sole child in house Monique, i have two elder brothers who would take over the ducal household, but i have my own future planned out.

"I do not want to become Empress" the room was silent as i continued with my statement "I want to be a War Lord."

The silent stiffness of the room was distorted, replaced by an atmosphere of shock, 

This reaction was to be expected i guess, 

Over the last few years, the Castina Empire has had able to exercise military, economic, and political control over a territory within a sovereign state, and their ability to mobilize loyal armed forces. But no one was siting on the spot this time around, so i plan to have it for myself.

Was i being greedy? Well yes.

Warlords are given a vast piece of land in the Empire and received a ridiculously huge amount of money, wouldn't i want to live a healthy luxurious life? In a position where not even the emperor himself could not dispose of? of-course it's a plus and it's my guide towards a long happy life. I hope.

"....I see" was the emperor mad or annoyed? i couldn't care less about what he thinks 

"right now i can't stop but think, is it because of Ruvellis that you are both rejecting the proposal?"

"yes" but i couldn't say that unless i wanted to drown my long waited efforts, i kept quite waiting for aristia to say her line,

"As you know, there is no guarantee that the crown prince's partner is me. You will feel awkward to pinpoint me as his partner in the current situation. "

"I believe that is true" the emperor said,

i'm missing out on something.

He resumed "I'm not displeased having lady Castillo as my daughter-in-law" his smug face was irritating me, i had to escape this or it will l just be no different than the first place.

"The lady's statement is reasonable but quite vague, the prophecy could be just as complex as well, so give us some time,"

"giving you some time?"

"yes, it would be troublesome to cancel the engagement between the two so it would be best to take action after having advantage of both sides," I bowed to the emperor who  was lost in a trail of thoughts

"You're right," the emperor said, as if he was surprised. "Good. It will take some time for the crown prince to come of age, so let me give you the time to find a solution until then."

"Thank you, Your Majesty." both me and Aristia said in fusion,

"You may leave now. But Marquis and Archduke may stay" 

I made way to the door taking a few steps away waiting for Aristia to come out as well, as soon as i heard the door close i looked back at the door. and there she stood, looking at me with those yellow eyes, has she had enough sleep? she has eye bags, she's overworking herself.

'It will be best for the both of us if we don't entangle with each other'. with those words i looked in-front of me and went to where my feet took me, not bothering to take a glance behind me.

The pillars and the crowd of servants struggling with their lives was usual in the center of the palace, had i been wondering around too much? i was lost trying to find father's office but i never expected to reach this far, and i saw a familiar figure in-front of me,

I would like to ignore him or wish i hadn't seen him in the first place, but he's too proud of himself and could accuse me disrespect.

"I greet his majesty the Emperor sole Sun of the Empire"

"my Lady Castillo what are you doing here" The emperor words were followed with a sly amile, he's up to something.

"Pardon my carelessness but i got lost on my way here looking for my father's office"

"Well i sent the Archduke for an errand a while ago, but the weather is nice today would you like to take a walk with me" 

I knew he was up to something, there's no way escaping this. if he wanted to talk to me from the start then he wants to tell me something important right?

"It would be an honor, Your Majesty."

Seems i have been too careless this time.

___

P L E A S E  L E A V E  A  C O M M E N T . 

(。◕‿◕。)