.33. Elegant kind

"There you go again, right now you probably thought I was siding with Zena right? You're too frustrated, just stay at ease and put things together,"

She got me,

I felt relieved at the sound of her soothing voice. I guess she's right about me taking sides easily. Was it because I've been betrayed so much?

".Sorry, right now I...I thought..."

"It's fine, you're safe with me, you know that right?"

I bit on my lips slightly to hold back the bitter laugh threatening to escape my lips,

since when have you been so mature?

"Yes"

She sat there straight on the couch, smiling so brightly I could see her dimpled cheeks.

__

It has been two days and nothing much has happened. Carsein hasn't been showing up lately but it's not like I care.

when was I the type to never care?   Ah! shoo bad thoughts!

The wind swayed my hair as I took a sip of my cup. watching the grass blend with the flowers bloom

clop clop

Footsteps getting closer as I adjusted myself to the familiar voice,

"You have a visitor lady Castillo"

"Again?"

And what's with them not noticing in advance! Is it a trend I don't know off?

"Who is it"

"...Duchess de rass"

Oh.

If that isn't surprising.

__

"I greet her highness Duchess De Rass, pleasure to meet you on such a lovely day, would you like to join me for tea?"

She stood there, staring at me sharply. but I had gotten used to her cold sight over the years, a type of immunity? maybe,

"It's you?"

"Pardon?"

What's with that "you"

"The pleasure is mine It is indeed a lovely day I would very much like a cup of refreshment,"

"Very well. then I shall notice the maid"

What's with you.

__

It's freezing in here.

Is she some kind of condenser or something?

"Well you don't seem to talk much it's quite downgrading"

"I excuse my rude behavior, I was merely surprised that the Duchess came here to see me"

"...Is it so, then I apologize for startling the lady. But when I heard of you, I was pressured to come believe me?"

Huh? You? pressured? what a big fat lie

"And what might you have heard about me that pressured you to come here?" I made sure to stress the "you" something I did to tease people.

But maybe I shouldn't have teased the Empirer's Duchess? Sister of the Emperor, 

Nah! who cares about death anyways!

" ! "

huh? why do you look so surprised? did I say something wrong? Definitely a bad idea to tease the Duchess!

"Is something of the matter Duchess?"

She took a second to compose herself as she chuckled, with a smile, she said, "I was taken aback by how things have turned"

"...What do you mean by that?"

"You are quite mature for your age lady Estelle, it's seen through the way you manage the conversation"

"oh is it now, I have gotten that quite a lot (from your brother)" And I never considered teasing to be mature, 

She laid her cup down and investigated my face with her predator gaze, "Someone like you"

she continued, "how could he like the elegant kind of you?"

um what?

"Oh well, I wonder what he finds in you"

Is she talking about the Emperor? of course it's only natural that she's talking about him.

"...he has changed a lot after meeting you,"

"Yes?" Did he? he's always a sly fox, 

Did I miss something cause I feel like I did.

"I have a feeling we will get quite close in the future" a confident voice stated,

I definitely missed something, because that smile is giving me chills.

__

I'm tired...

Duchess's Erina visit, watching Enrad practice, attending my etiquette class , history and embroidery i'm drained.

When I heard a knock on my door I quickly made notion and the door opened,

"A letter" Lila posed it on the table and left after

"..."

The print on the envelope was enough to make me want to trash it, but it'll be fun hearing what he has to say.

I opened the envelope, meeting a familiar lining of a neat handwriting.

Dear Elly , or do you now prefer I call you Estelle ?

This letter was the Archduke's,

I never meant to live so urgently without saying goodbye, but seeing you lay in bed peacefully I couldn't find the courage to wake you up. Have you been acquitted to Arknit's son ? I hope he doesn't bother you too much.

Lately I've been feeling like i'm not your father anymore, did I do something that possibly made you unhappy ? it had never been one of my intentions , At first when you came up to me and called me Daddy , I was beyond thrilled to the idea of being an ideal father for you, I always thought that you never wanted us as family since you were always so silent and distant, but that day, I made it my mission to be your father, your dad, sadly, I failed.

Those words and nicknames, are nothing but memories that vanished. I wish I would've never allowed Zena at the Estate , but it's too late for goodbyes and for sorry . Even so. I will try to be the best father for you Elly. my lovely daughter.

Evan

Why?

Why am I crying??

Was it because he said I didn't like it when he called me Elly? or was it because,

He doesn't realize this might be the last letter he will write.

"You're wrong!" I cried, screamed, clenching the paper with my hands, It was then that, i could no longer feel my legs, and kneeled at nothing but my own regrets,

I love it, when you call me Elly,

The wind passed through the window and scattered the papers that were left on the table, and I noticed,

more?

Eldred had written quite an interesting letter.

-

__

Would you mind leaving a comment?