~1~

Wednesday, April.20th-Sunny      20 degrees celcius    7:00am

*KNOCK* KNOCK* KNOCK*

I was woken up by the same sound I hear every morning at 7am. The annoying sound of one of my many sisters banging on my door like maniacs. They all learned it from my oldest sister, Lillith. Before she moved out she even told them all how to do it "properly".

I inhaled sharply then screamed towards my bedroom door, "WHO IS IT!?" I was met with the knocking ending and silence. I started to pray that it wasn't my 6 year old sister, Ella. She is the last person I would ever want to yell at. I layed there, impatiently waiting for a response. I was once again met with silence. I heared feet scurrying away from the door. I physically jumped out of bed and ran towards my door.

When I opened my door, I was met with an empty hallway. I heared faint maniacle giggling coming from downstairs. I ran to the balcony that overlooked the open-concept main floor of the house, at the beginning of the staircase. I spotted two suspicious looking teenagers giggling like maniacs, in the kitchen.

I looked towards the suspicious-looking teenagers, one with dyed ombre red-to-black shoulder length hair and the other with denim overalls, a yellow sweatshirt and a daisy hair clip, pulling her hair out of her face.

"JAMIE AND CAMRY MYLES!! YOU BETTER NOT HAVE BEEN THE ONES TO WAKE ME UP!!" I screamed at them, from the balcony. They looked towards me, with an 'oh shit' kinda face.

Jamie looked at Camry with a blank face and then she looked back at me. Before I knew it, Jamie was pushing Camry out of her way and screaming, "RUN BITCHES RUN!!!"

Jamie bolted for the sliding door that leads outside and ran out. Camry looked at me and said, " Well, I gotta go!"

As Camry was running for the garage door that connected to the kitchen and ran into the garage, our mom screamed, "LANGUAGE PEOPLE!! THERE IS A SMALL CHILD!" I snorted at my mother's response as she mumbled, "For christ's sake."

My mother stopped making Ella's lunch, as she walked over to the garage door that was left open. I could hear my mother say to Camry, "You get your ass back in that house and get ready for school." Ella, Jessie and I looked at each other and burst out laughing, as Camry made her way back in the house.

My mother resumed what she was doing in the kitchen. "Jess, go get Jamie for me please," my mother said softly to my sibling, Jessie.

Jessie made their way from the living room, to the sliding door that was connected to it. They went outside and a few moments later, came back inside with Jamie.

'Oh," my mother began, looking up at me,"and River, honey, go put on pants please." I gave her a 'wth' kinda face. I then looked down at my lower half. I just had standard pastel purple panties and a pastel purple t-shirt, that barely went down past my tiny butt, on. Once I had realized this, quickly bolted down to the end of the hall and opened the white door that lead to my light grey bedroom.

Once I entered my bedroom, I walked towards the dresser and grabbed a baby blue/pastel blue skirt, along with a pastel yellow cropped hoodie and white ankle socks.

I quickly changed into my outfit and grabbed my black backpack, on my way out of my bedroom. On my way downstairs, I made sure that i had everything I needed.

My family looked over at me as I sat down at the table to eat breakfast. "That's a cute outfit, honey" my mother said to me, as I grabbed a plate from the center of the table and placed a pancake on it.

"Ya, Riv. You look good in skirts. Better than me, anyway." Jamie said to me.

"Oh shut up. You look good in skirts,James" I responded.

"River, did you have a chance to look out your window this morning?" My mother asked me, putting a peice of pancake in her mouth.

"No, I didn't. I was a little....pre-occupied this morning to even pack a lunch." I said as I glared at Jamie and Camry.

"HEY!! It's not my fault that you sleep in too late. Sorry if I don't want us all to be late for school." Camry replied.

"Okay, okay. Everyone relax and eat. Or you'll be late catching the bus." My mother responded.

"Mum?" My mom hummed in response, since her mouth was full, "Don't you have to leave for work soon?" I asked her. My mom works at Ella's school, as a kindergarten teacher. She got offered a job as a Vice Principle but she said that teaching was her dream, so she didn't accept the job offer.

"Yes. I do. But, before I do, the point I was trying to make is that there were moving trucks outside earlier this morning. We had new neighbours move into Mister and Mrs.Anderson's old house. It was a mother and her sons, I think. One of her sons looked a little younger than Ella and the other looked about your age. He was quite handsome. And he was wearing a pride flag pin on his backpack." My mom said as she winked at me.

"Oh my god mom!" I shoved my face into my hands, as a blush, that you could still clearly see, appeared and spread across my face. "Don't say stuff like that!" She and my sisters only chuckled as a response. Even Ella giggled a little bit. "Ella! I can't believe you right now! The betrayal! I can't!" I fake-fainted and leaned back in my chair with the back of my hand covering my pale freckled forehead. "You've killed me with your betrayal!"

Ella giggled and quickly responded with, "No no no! Don't die! I sowwy! Am I still your favorite?" She asked.

I tried to contain my laugh as I replied, "Maybe....what will you do to become my favorite again?" I asked her as I glanced at her from the corner of my eye, a hand still placed lightly on my forehead.

"I'll give you a peice of my bacon? Oh! And one of my princess tiara!" She said as she took off the dollarstore tiara that was placed on her head, handing it to me.

"That's very sweet of you," I said as I carefully took the tiara out of her hand, "but, I think that a princess isn't a true princess without a tiara. Isn't that right?" I smiled at her, as I softly placed that tiara on the top of her head. I was just now realizing the french braid styled intricitely into her auburn hair.

My siblings, except for Jessie, all had auburn hair that they inherited from our mother. While Jessie and I both had pitch black hair that we inherited from our father. Meanwhile, we all had blue eyes that we inherited from everyone in our family.

'Alright! Everyone, put your dishes in the sink and put on your shoes!" Our mother demanded of us.

Once we all had our shoes on and our bags packed, we made our ways through the garage to the bus stop. Jessie and Jamie got into their cars, to drive to their University, while our mom and Ella, got into the van to drive to school.

The bus stop isn't that far from our house. It's about a five-ten minute walk, just a block away.

Once we arrived at the bus stop, Camry abandonned me and I got my phone out and plugged in my earphones. I put on a playlist that was a combination of Halsey, Weekend, Ed Sheeran, Chainsmokers, P!ATD and Shawn Mendes songs. I don't really like social interactions or social situations. The stop has all of that. I just hate people. Except for my family. My family is fine.

Just as I was about to zone out completely, a handsome stranger came up to me. And when I say handsome, I mean handsome. He was completely and utterly gorgeous.

As shocked as I was, I was even more shocked when he started talking to me.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hello!! How did you like the first chapter of 'My Neighbour Is a...........DADDY!??'

I'm open to any pointers you may have!

Word count: 1419