ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏғ ᴏʀᴅᴇʀ

"CLAY?" i lean in a bit, observing his features. "didn't change a bit."

"yet you still didn't recognize me?"

"looks like you still have your attitude."

"looks like you still have your ego."

i shoot him a look. "that's why i'm older than you." i quickly steal the blue candles out of his grip. running off to the checkout before he could say anything.

i successfully completed my mission, throwing the candles on the belt. i look over to see clay making his way towards me. he looks calm, a little too calm. if i know clay, i know that he's scheming something.

i anxiously tap my leg, hoping i could pay for them before clay gets to me.

"ma'am?" i whip my head to the cashier. "this register doesn't work at the moment." they point to the sign saying 'out of order.' i let out a groan, running my fingers through my hair.

"why are you here then." i grunt out. i have to reach the other register, before clay reaches me. i quickly twist around, on my heels.

i didn't get far, before ramming into a chest. "nice try bea." he snatches the candles off the belt. rushing to the open register.

i sigh in defeat, slugging my way over to him. i watch (in pain) as he pays for the blue candles, i wanted.

the cashier gives him a bright smile, before wishing him a farewell. i drag my legs out of the store. coming out empty handed.

"once you set your mind to something, you never quit." i hear clay's voice, echo behind me.

"you should know." i mumble, as i dig for my keys in my purse.

i feel an object hit my shoulder. "here." i turn around face with the blue candles. "a birthday present."

i softly smile, "thank you."

he returns the smile. "your number still the same?"

"if it was, i would've been texting you."

he slides his hands his pockets, "then." he holds out the word till i give him a response.

i get the gist, and pull out my phone. handing it to him. he shyly takes it, dialing his number in.

he hands it back to me. i look down at the new contact in my phone. "dream? what a cute nickname, who gave it to you?" i sarcastically say, knowing that i gave it to him.

"oh, my sister."

"kiss my ass." i walk away to my car.

he lets out a small giggle, "it's good to talk to you again, bea!" he calls out.

i pause my walking, and whip my head around. "you, too, clay!" i wave him goodbye, before heading home.

***

iloveyou
kisses and hugs <3

***