ᴏʜ ɴᴏ, L ᴡᴏʀᴅ

"WHAT DID YOU WANT TO SAY?" clays figure appears behind me.

i whip myself around, "i'm sorry." i study his expression. clay seems unfaze. "clay. i'm sorry." i take a few step towards him.

"and."

"and, i'm a bitch. i shouldn't have been so rude, when all you were doing was trying to be nice."

"and."

i give him a confuse look. what else does he want? "and.. i sort of want to be friends."

"there it is." clay gives me a soft smile. "i'm sorry, too." he sighs.

"why?"

"because, i was being a dick to you."

"and." i mimic his actions from before.

he playfully rolls his eyes. "and i want to be friends with you, also."

i tap my fingers, anxiously, on my thigh. we agree to meet at the little shed in the woods. and i'll be lying if i didn't say i am absolutely terrified.

"bea?" i hear clays voice bounce off the trees. i slowly merge myself out of the shed.

"clay."

he gives me a small smile. "hi bea."

i cut to the chase. "clay, i'm sorry. for being a bitch."

"and?"

"and, honestly, i love how much you care for me."

"and?"

i bring my full attention to him. i want to say it. my heart beats faster and faster every time i think about it. i want to say it.. i'm going to.

"and i love you." i feel my face heat up.

clays face seems to do the same. he's sassy expression, turns blank. i play with my fingers, worry for what he's going to say.

"aoife." is all he can seem to say.

i fucked up.

i step closer to his figure. "clay, i'm-"

i got cut off, with a cold hand place on my cheek. pulling me into clays figure. interlocking out lips together.

i seem to lose all feeling at the moment. all my fear has melted away. all my worries, gone. all i can feel is the warmth radiating from us.

i tangle my fingers in his hair. losing myself in his scent.

he pulls away. our breathing heavy.

"i love you, too."

***

friends to lovers??? sheeshhh
gosh i hate how i wrote this chapter :|

iloveyou
kisses and hugs <3

***