━━━seven...

"RETRIEVE"

RETRIEVE: get or bring (something) back from somewhere; That was one way to describe Lorelei's day, she had to pick up Birdie from the hospital today and then help her around the house, the healers said she'd still have to be in bed rest for one day

RETRIEVE: get or bring (something) back from somewhere; That was one way to describe Lorelei's day, she had to pick up Birdie from the hospital today and then help her around the house, the healers said she'd still have to be in bed rest for one day. Lorelei hated hospitals, they just reminded her too much of death, and also because she'd had to spend a lot of time growing up in said hospitals because somehow she'd always end up injuring herself.

Lorelei was still excited though, she'd finally be with her best friend again, and they could catch up on everything they'd missed in the past week, but she's also a little wary — the thing is, Birdie had always been good at feelings, not her own, but others' she could help you feel better, it's like she's some kind of empath or something.

She just knows what to do, and Lorelei's afraid that when they talk, Birdie might help her grieve, she hasn't yet, Lorelei's been ignoring the Cedric situation, and how she had to spend two days in the hospital wing getting her ribcage rearranged properly.

Lorelei knew that if she grieved she would know, she would understand that Cedric wasn't there with them anymore and she wasn't sure she could handle that. Lorelei knew what she was doing wasn't healthy, but at the same time — nothing she does is ever healthy. She's been having nightmares almost everyday, and she doesn't even know if she hates it.

Her nightmares and dreams both had always been so unbelievably vivid that sometimes she'd have to wonder if it really was a dream, things felt real whenever she was dreaming. Every night when she'd see him, it felt so real, it didn't matter that he hated her — that he looked so lifeless, she could see him, and just for a second he'd reach out to her, and she'd feel the ghost of a touch before she woke up.

Again, Lorelei is very well aware that this isn't healthy, but can you blame her?

Lorelei put her jacket on, looking at her hair in the mirror — it looked long, Lorelei hadn't had long hair in a long time, but because of the tournament she'd barely gotten any time to get a haircut and she remembers Cedric had said he liked her long hair, said it makes her look even more like a Black.