━━━epilogue...

"MEMORIES"

MEMORIES: something remembered from the past; "So, you're really leaving then?" Birdie asked, Lorelei could tell she was mad, of course she could, "You're just going to leave us?" she continued, she passed a glare to the brunette as she eyed all t...

MEMORIES: something remembered from the past; "So, you're really leaving then?" Birdie asked, Lorelei could tell she was mad, of course she could, "You're just going to leave us?" she continued, she passed a glare to the brunette as she eyed all the packed bags and boxes in the room. She couldn't believe it, her best friend was leaving her. Merlin, maybe she really was going to get a gray hair before the age of forty.

"I'm not leaving you, I'm leaving this whole stupid fucking place" Lorelei said in a monotonous voice, she'd been having troubles these days with everything, sleeping, eating, and just getting out of bed in general.

"Yeah and by doing that you leave me too" Birdie said with her brows furrowed, she reached out and grabbed Lorelei's hands turning her so she could come face to face with her best-friend, Lorelei looked tired to say the least, "Come on, El, we'll fight this together — we always do"

"I don't wanna fight anymore, Birdie" Lorelei said as she freed her hands from her Birdie's grip, "I'm tired, I've lost so much to this stupid war, I'd rather die than watch it happen again" she snapped her suitcase shut.

"I understand, but we've all lost something or someone to this war, El" Birdie explained, "Doesn't mean well stop fighting for the things we lost..."

"Oh, really? Have you now?" Lorelei turned around with an irritated look on her face, "Do enlighten me, Birdie, because as far as I'm concerned — you still have your family, your friends, your brother and your boyfriend, what have you lost?"

Something flashed in Birdie's eyes, "You have no idea what you're talking about"

"No, please, tell me about everything you've lost...tell me about everything you cannot get back, tell me"

"Lorelei, shut up—"

"Lost things, have you? Give me a break!"