44: and I would've liked to have known you (1980)

{{so here we are. Honestly, I intended this chapter to be a little bit longer, but I am truly emotionally drained at this point and so we're going to cut it off here for now. I broke my own heart with this, y'all. You will need kleenex.

Major content warnings for death and explicit discussions of abortion. Again, not a doctor, so this is my best interpretation of how something like this would've played out 40 years ago based on my research, and any inaccuracies are mine.

As always, I appreciate everyone who takes the time to read and comment. Thank you so much.}}

May 1980

He was right - they were late to their appointment that morning.

But had he known what was to come, he would've been even later. Anything for one more moment to savor before everything changed.

How could he have been on time, anyway? There was no way he could be expected to when she was on his lap in nothing but her underwear, wriggling against his thighs. He cupped her breasts in his hands, his tongue sliding between them and then along the undersides just below her nipples, stopping to flick his thumb over one of the rosy pink buds.

"I need you bad, baby, please," she pleaded, but the feeling of her wetness as she rocked against his leg was giving him other ideas.

"You didn't already learn that gets you in trouble?" he teased, poking her little bump. " Should've figured out that's what happens when you're sharing beds with boys."

"Stop it," she whined. She never should've told him that, until an embarrassingly advanced age, she thought that's how babies were made. "She just kicked your hand, by the way."

"Oh yeah? She moving around this morning?" She lets him know when she can feel the baby kicking, usually when she herself is being active (the first time was right after she had walked offstage post-encore), but it hadn't been strong enough for him to feel yet.

"She's squirming a li- oh. Yes," she groaned, throwing her head back and gripping onto his as he started fucking her with his fingers, his lips wrapped tightly around her nipple. She stopped talking for a time, enjoying the ministrations of his mouth and hands, but soon she wanted more. "Come on. Now."

"I'm starting to think you did a little bit more than share a bed," he said, nudging her onto her back and kissing downward from her belly button with his fingers still moving inside her.

She giggled, loud and melodious, and he nipped at the inside of her thigh. "I'll never tell."

"You don't have to, I already know." He tugged her panties down her thighs with one hand, then hooked his thumbs around the satin and pulled them the rest of the way off. "I think you let him undress you..." She scrambled backwards until she was reclining against the headboard, knees bent and thighs apart. "Mmm, is that what you did? Spread your legs like that so he could see your pussy?"

"Maybe," she said, still playing coy until he held his wet digits up to her mouth and she sucked them like they were his cock, tongue swirling around the underside.

"Good girl, taste how bad you want it." He took his fingers out of her mouth and took himself in hand, kissing her and tasting her arousal for himself as he slid inside her. "Fuck, you're perfect. Love you."

She really is and he really does. When he thinks back on this time in their lives, he'll be grateful that he was so careful to memorize every tiny detail. The way her skin had a rosier tint to it and how she looked with her whole body flushed pink as he touched her, the way she sighed with pleasure when he rubbed her growing bump and the obscene sounds that came out of her mouth when he would knead the base of her spine with his thumbs after a long day ("best thing you've ever done with your hands, and that's saying a lot," she told him).