- #2 [Strange Looks] -

"he's in your bed. i'm in your twitch chat. i've got the key and he's just a doormat.

and even though he's got social skills, that doesn't mean i can't pay the bills. anyways make the most of him 'cause she moves on pretty bloody quick.

your new boyfriends an arsehole...woo!"

YOUR NEW BOYFRIEND

BY

WILBUR SOOT

[Y/N's POV - 1st Person]

A huge bang thundered through the house, waking me up. I lifted my head.

"Dad?" I called out. "You okay?"

"Damn it!!" I heard him yell. I pushed myself off the mattress and went to help. My footsteps echoed on the wooden boards.

I took in my surroundings and the huge rooms of the house.

I passed a room that had the door slightly ajar and I swear I saw a figure standing next to the window but when I went to check, the room was empty and filled with dust making me cough.

I pushed it to the back of my mind and left the room, checking over my shoulder one last time. There was no one, I'm just being paranoid.

"Y/N, sweetie, can you come help me?" My father called throughout the house.

I snapped out of my trance and rushed to the room he was in. My running slowed down as I entered the room to see my father holding a radiator with a tool box beside him.

He passed me the radiator and I helped him fix it back onto the wall. After that, we could finally get the heating going.

The house was warmed up and I had got rid of all the dust so that we could start putting the basic things we had down.

- t i m e s k i p -

I was sitting on a rusty stool that we had found in the shed while taking an interest in my phone. We had no WiFi yet and there was no signal for data around here so we had to wait for the technician to come and sort things out.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door which made me jump.

"I'll get it!" I shouted when I heard my fathers shuffling footsteps get closer before retreating.

I unlocked the door to be greeted by the kid who pushed me out of the road and basically saved me from a hospital visit. Aka, my new neighbour.

"Hey!" He said, a bright smile on his face. He was still wearing the same clothes from yesterday but I ignored it.

"H-hiya.." I said shyly. I'm normally quite a loud person but my words came out as a stammer on my lips and my cheeks flushed a bright red.

It was weird for me to be like this. This usually never happens.

"So... do you?" His words brought me back to reality.

"Sorry, could you repeat that? I was lost in my own world." I said sheepishly.

"No no it's fine I get it. I was just wondering if you wanted to be shown around town and possibly if I could do it? I mean, we are neighbours after all." He said with a small smile, his dim eyes glinting in the sun.

"Oh- sure! I think I'm free now if you would like!" I blabbered.

"Perfect!"

After a lot of begging and persuading, my father finally let me go out.

"Sorry about that, I guess he doesn't really want me going out in a new town with a stranger." I chuckled.

"Well, hi! My names Jacob! What's yours?"

"Y/N." I laughed out loud.

"Now we aren't strangers.. are we?" He smirked.

"I guess not." I said, staring at his eyes. I broke out of my trance when he turned his eyes to meet mine.

I turned away, my cheeks a flustered red. I looked down at my shoes as we walked on the path.

"So, when do you start at Newton?" Jacob asked me.

"Should be next week but it might be delayed because of the moving." I replied, nodding my head unconsciously.

"Cool cool."

After Jacob had showed me the school, shops and the woods, we walked back to his.

"Hey, why were we getting so many strange looks from people?" I said slowly, watching his expression change with every word.

"Oh- well it's just, probably because- you're new to t-town and people don't really know you?" He rambled on, words falling out of his mouth faster than my brain could process them.

"Oh okay then." I said with a smile.

He waved to me as I walked across a small piece of lawn that connected our houses.

"Bye!" I called out.

"See you tomorrow!" He called back.

After I got back inside, my hands heated up from the warmth. There was something strange about that boy. He seemed a bit too quiet and small in public.

Oh well.

At least I have a friend.