- #11 [Something For My Lips] -

"i'm a sorry sucker and this happens all the time.

i found out that everybody talks, everybody talks, everybody talks.

it started with a whisper, and that was when i kissed her!"

EVERYBODY TALKS

BY

NEON TREES

[Y/N's POV - 1st Person]

My keys jingled in the lock as I exited the house; I kissed my dad on the cheek just before leaving.

I saw Jacob sitting out on his front porch. I stared at him, not in a creepy way though; I kind of zoned out and when he stared back, that's what snapped me out of my trance.

I tilted my head slightly and waved feebly. He returned the gesture with a small but visible smile but I could see something else in his distant but clear eyes.

I walked down the steps towards the path.

"I know." A whispered tickled my ear. I snapped my head towards the noise. Nothing, but Jacob sitting there but now with an odd expression laid on his face.

I brushed it off and kept walking. By the time I got to school I had missed the bell and was sent to the office to be signed in.

I walked into class late and the teacher gave me the whole don't-be-late-again-or-so-and-so-will-happen speech. I sighed, nodded and sat down in my seat.

I thought back to my dream the other day and zoned out during class thinking about it. That's what happened the whole day. I missed everything thinking about something else other than the work.

It was the last bell that made my stomach jump about. Everyone filed out of class and I went to my locker. I grabbed my needed stuff and went to wait out on the steps for Sarah.

When she appeared, I flushed a dark red. I tried to brush it off by the time she walked up to me.

"Come on let's go!" She said grabbing my hand and pulling me down the school steps.

I followed after her stumbling but laughing along. She looked and me and I tucked a lock of hair behind my ear nervously, she chuckled slightly making me blush even more.

We ran down the pavement, the wind hitting our faces and blowing our hair behind us. I saw Sarah's curls flutter around and about her shoulders.

When we reached her house she unlocked the door and let me in.

"Beautiful ladies first." She said winking at me. My hands curled into fists to stop myself my squealing. It's pathetic, I know, but I've never felt like this. For anyone, ever.

I shuffled through the doorway and was met with the lovely smell of warm cookies filled my nose. Sarah passed me in the hallway and pointed for me to take off my shoes and follow her. I did so and entered the kitchen.

An older looking version of Sarah welcomed me in with a smile and held out a tray of cookies to me.

I took one off the tray and Sarah did the same. I thanked who I thought to be her mother but she just stayed with the same kind smile on her face. I looked over at Sarah and furrowed my brows in a curious manner, she used her hand to beckon me over to the hallway.

"Hey is that your Mum? She seems lovely but is she okay, she doesn't speak?" I questioned quietly since her mother was in the room next to us.

"Yeah she's fine and all, kind of. Well, truth be told, she's not fine. She's mute." Sarah replied, fiddling with her fingers.

"Oh right, that's fine. Makes sense now." I nodded and she took me up to her room. It was very neat and everything was either in drawers, stacked or piled neatly somewhere.

I sat down on the bed and stared absently at my feet as I shuffled them around on the carpet. Sarah came and sat next to me, her hand on mine.

"Wanna do my makeup?" She smiled.

"I'm absolutely shit at that kind of stuff. Besides, you don't need it." I replied.

"Aww thanks!" She laughed. "You might be shit, and I am too, but I'll do yours after?"

"Deal."

- t i m e s k i p -

We both stared in the mirror at our badly done faces of makeup, both holding in gallons of laughter.

"Hold on a minute." Sarah said and swivelled me round to face her. "Sit down just a sec." She told me to so I placed myself on her bed. She grabbed her chair from her dresser, placed it in front of me and sat on it. She had another large makeup brush in her hand and started dusting my face with it. She shook her head.

"That's not working." She put the brush down and brought her hands to my face and used her thumbs to pat out some kind of makeup powder. Her pats became glides along my face and before we both knew it, she was using her thumbs to stroke my cheeks.

I turned a horrific shade of red and my body froze still while staring at her. She brought her thumbs from my cheeks to my lips in a smooth manner and stroked my chapped lips. She frowned slightly.

"Just a sec, you need something for your lips." She bent down and pull out a tube from a small makeup bag she had next to her. She applied a light pink lip gloss to her lips, she made a smacking sound with them.

Instead of bringing the gloss to my face, she twisted the cap back on and faced me again. She took a hold of my face in her hands, my chin resting in her palms.

She leant forward and kissed me sweetly on the lips. I could feel her lips moving and I tried to copy her. Our mouths moved in sync, my heartbeat made me think my heart was threatening to jump out of my chest.

When we part, I had the lip gloss plastered on my lips just as it was on hers.

"There." She said breathlessly.

"Something for your lips."

A/N: Ahhhh...

women.

fuck I'm so gay.