Ch.16: She's Dead? Kendra?

I woke up to the sun shining and a empty bed. I proped myself up on my elbows and looked around. I got out the bed and went over to my dresser and pulled out a oversized

t-shirt and underwear. I slipped them on and walked into the bathroom. Eithan wasn't in there. I walked downstairs and searched the living room. No sign of him there. He wasn't in the Kitchen either. I wondered where he went. I walked back up the stairs running my hand threw my hair. Eithan came walking out of another room. I forgot about that room. I never use it and neither does my mom.

"Hey!" He said.

"Hey I was looking for you, I thought you had left." I said.

"I was in my room getting some clothes and I didnt wanna wake you."

"Oh!" I said beginning to walk back to my room.

"And they called about your mom!"

I stopped dead in my tracks. I turned to face him.

"And what'd they say?" I questioned.

He was silent for a moment.

"She's .......... Dead."

I stood completely still. I tried holding my tears backs. After an amazing night, something bad happened. A tear escaped my eyes. Eithan came over and hugged me. I cried into his chest. He held me as I cried. I couldn't face the fact that my mom was dead. I never imangined her dead. I never even thought about her dying. Eithan took me to the bedroom. I sat in his lap crying. I balled for like an hour and a half. I finally stopped because I couldn't cry anymore. My eyes went dry.

I got out his lap and went into the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror. My eyes were red and puffy. My face was red and puffy. My Nose was red and runny. I wiped my nose and washed my face. I thought a nice hot shower would be nice. I ran a shower and thought about how my dad was never around because he was in the army. Now I had no parents. My moms dead and my dads never around. I thought about it all as I got into the shower. I slowly let everything leave my mind and let the hot water fill me with warmth.

EITHAN'S POV

Angie always talks about how her fathers never around. Well I found out that her dad was coming home this morning from a voicemail. I called him back and told him my idea. He said he like it and went along with it. I ran downstairs and got him out the her moms room and sat him on the couch. We were quiet while waiting for Angie.

"What happened to that Derek Boy?" He asked.

"He's in jail sir." I said.

"JAIL!" He kind of yelled.

"Uuhh Yes Sir."

"Why is he in jail?"

"He was abusive and he asulted Angie in public leaving her unconcious and bruised up on the beach." I told him.

"Why that sick bastard. I knew something was off with him since the day Angie was telling me about him on the phone." He said.

The shower above had stopped. We heard footsteps above.

"Eithan are you downstairs?" She yelled from upstairs.

"Ya im down here."

"Okay im putting on my clothes and i'll be right down."

She came downstairs 5 mins later. She didn't see her dad. She walked into the kitchen. She came back out with an apple in her hand taking a bite.

"You rea-,"

She dropped the apple and stopped on her tracks. Her dad stood up.

"Daddy!" She yelled running to him hugging him.