Early morning cuddles

It was around 2 in the morning when Anthony woke.  He had unconsciously rolled over to hold Jasmine in his arms, only to be met with an empty bed and cold sheets.

"Jas?"  He called out, voice almost undetectable in his groggy state. Still, he heard a faint "coming!" from the couples living room area, rolling over on his back to wait for her to return.

Jasmine returned, glass of water in hand, to see her husband half asleep, chuckling as his eyes fluttered open at the sound of her entering the room.

"Why're you up baby girl? S'like 2 in the morning." "I was just getting a glass of water darling, you're fine." She lowered herself back onto the bed and laid down, only to realize that she was now completely alert, her movement causing her to wake up fully.

"You're awake now, huh?" Anthony asked, almost reading her mind. She nodded as he rolled onto his side, signaling for her to do the same.

She rolled over, relaxing when she felt his presence behind her, his arm draping over her, hand resting on her stomach.  She sighed in contentment as he started tracing patterns, already feeling her lack of sleep catching up with her.

"You can sleep my darling, it's alright."  Jasmine shook her head as she pushed herself farther into his embrace.  "I like your cuddles, I don't wanna miss them by sleeping!"  Anthony chuckled, pressing a light kiss to her temple.

"I promise you, tomorrow we can cuddle all you want.  I took the day away from the studio, so we can stay together all day if that's what you'd like."

Jasmine smiled as she stopped trying to fight off sleep.  "Mmm, that sounds nice."  "It will be, beautiful. But now it's time to get some rest, ya?"

She nodded, but didn't respond, her breaths eventually becoming even as she slipped back into a peaceful sleep.  Anthony was not far behind, however he pushed his fatigue to the side as he took some time to adore his sleeping wife.

Somedays, he was amazed that she had even agreed to marry him in the first place, but he was always forever grateful.  She was his person, and she helped him in ways he never would have thought possible.  She brought a certain light into his life that he would never be able to replace.

He tightened his arms around her as he sunk back into his own sleep, thankful for everything his wife brought into his life, even the early morning cuddles.

429 words

a/n - There you go, I did it. Complete fluff.  Enjoy it while it lasts *evil cackle*

Have a great day!

- Sarah :)