Monsters in my head - Part 2

tw: anxiety

Enjoy!
*slightly evil laugh*

It had been 5 minutes since Jasmine called 911, her grip on Anthony tightening as she prayed for the ambulance to hurry up.

She kept two of her fingers on his wrist to monitor his heart beat.  It was weak and faltering, but at least it was there.

She knew his anxiety was getting bad again, with release dates looming over his head, but she would have never guessed it would come to this, him passed out on the floor, barely breathing.

"Come on Ant, stay with me.  Please stay with me."

Suddenly, there was a loud bang at the door, and the paramedics rushed in, immediately putting him on a stretcher and attaching an oxygen mask to his face. 

Jasmine was quick to follow them, but they told her she would have to drive herself to the hospital, as she wasn't allowed in the back of the ambulance with them. 

This made Jasmine angry and sad... and well, there were too many emotions coursing through her to pinpoint any one.

5 minutes later, however, Jasmine found herself beside her love, just seconds from the hospital, in the back of the previously mentioned ambulance. 

She found she could be quite persuasive when she needed to be.

They took him straight to the ICU, Jasmine taking a seat in the waiting room.  Her leg bounced around as she anxiously waited for news, any news, that her love was alright.

———

It was another hour and a half before a doctor came back to find her, telling her that he was alright, but still a bit disoriented.

She hurriedly followed the doctor to Anthony's room, sighing in relief when she saw him blinking his eyes, adjusting to the light.  The doctor closed the door behind her, giving the couple some privacy.

She was at his side in an instant, fighting back tears as she stroked his head.

"Baby, oh my baby, you're okay."

He nodded weakly and patted the space beside him on the bed, signalling for her to join him.

"You sure you're okay?"

His response was mumbled, but at the nod of his head, she carefully lowered herself beside him, tears streaming down her face at the relief of seeing him, conscious and breathing.

He wiped her tears to the best of his ability, and the couple lay in silence, taking in the feeling of the other beside them.

It was a while before anyone spoke, Anthony's voice gravelly with exhaustion.

"I'm so sorry Jasmine. I really am."

She shook her head as she pulled him closer.

"No, baby. You have nothing to be sorry for. You just focus on getting better, okay?"

"No."  He shook his head.  "I'm sorry.  My anxiety's just been so bad lately.  With release dates for the new album, wedding planning, it's just all been piling up.  I stopped eating, and well... I didn't mean for it to get this bad Jas!  And now I made you worry, I'm so sorry baby girl."

There were tears streaming down his own face, distraught at the fact that he caused her pain and anxiety, when his goal was the exact opposite.

He knew she would have helped him, but he knew she could get worked up about things.  He didn't want her worrying on account of him, so he just kept his mouth shut.

It went on for months, his anxiety blocking out all feelings but distress, his stomach clenching at even the thought of food.

He shook the thought from his head, focusing back on his fiancée beside him.

She spoke again, further pulling him from his thoughts.

"It's okay.  I forgive you.  All that matters to me is that you get better.  And I'm gonna help you, okay?  We'll work together and we'll get through this."

Her reassurance was more for her than him, but it was settling all the same.

He curled himself into her side, falling asleep in the comfort of her embrace.

She stroked his hair as her tears tried, just beyond thankful that he was okay.

She knew that he had monsters too, and she promised herself that she'd never let them attack like this again.

700 words

a/n - not sure how I feel about this one... didn't come out how I wanted it to, but I guess it's ok.

Have a great day!
- Sarah :)