Chapter 3

Mina POV

"Come on, we're going to be late if you two don't hurry up!" I yell looking at my watch, now I can't get my americano. "Okay, okay, we're coming." Finally. We hop on the bus and get to school.

"Minari!" My friends call my name, "How were your classes?" I asked and Sana sighed, "Boring as always." She answered, "I'm starving." Momo patted her stomach. "You're always starving Momo." I said and then guided them to the canteen. I guess I'll be eating lunch today.

"Mina! Mina!" Momo taps my shoulder, "What? What?" I look up from my book, "That's the girl who came yesterday!" Sana pointed to a short black haired girl. "You two must be mistaken, that's Son Chaeyoung, she's super popular and we never talk and-" Sana interrupted, "And she's super cute and she's coming over now." HUH? I turned my head and she was in fact walking over with something in her hand, a drink perhaps. Oh I really can't get another drink spilled on my uniform, it takes forever to clean.

I hung my head down hoping that she wouldn't see me, "Hi! I'm Sana and this is Momo, are you here for Mina?" She asked, which made me want to crawl under a rock. "Yeah, is it okay if I take a seat?" She asked in a cheerful voice. "Mina, say hi to your friend." Momo nudged my shoulder, "H-hi." I finally got the courage to lift my head up. "Here, this is for you." She pushed a cup filled with a dark brown liquid forward, it had a sleeve with penguin characters on it, "It's an Iced Americano from Pororo Café, I noticed you didn't walk in with one this morning." She smiled.

"Uh, thank you?" I took the drink, and opened the cap to smell it. I mean she could've filled it with something else right? But no, it smelled like a regular Iced Americano. I looked around and we've already caught the attention of a few students, "Um Chaeyoung, I think you should go." I said, not wanting to draw any more attention. "What, why?" She asked, a bit hurt. "Because people are staring." I answer, "Then let them stare." She shrugged, staying put.

"What are you doing here Chaeyoung? Are you trying to pull some sick joke?" I asked, my defenses pulling up, "What? No! Why would you think that?" She asked, looking innocent. "Because you've never talked to me before, you probably don't even know my name!" I said in disbelief, "Of course I know your name, Myoui Mina, the smartest girl in school, top every single class." She stated.

By now most of the students were looking, "Oh." I muttered fidgeting with my hands , "So Chaeyoung, so what brings you here? Are you and Mina dating?" Sana asked, as invasive as always, "No no, not really but I would like to ask if she'd like to go on a date with me." I popped up and started laughing but she looked confused, "Oh, wait you're serious?" I uttered, shocked and she nodded, "Uh, well, I got to go, would you look at the time!" I ran out of there so quickly, I didn't look back.

Chaeyoung POV

Where did she have to go? She didn't even take her drink. I sighed, of course, she's literally out of my league, why would she want to go out with me?

*flashback*

There she is, right on time I saw Mina walking in with two other people. Oh, she didn't seem to have her daily cup of coffee. I looked at my phone, one mile to get there and one mile to get back, I have fifteen minutes left.

I ran all the way to the café, got the drink and ran back with three minutes to spare, "Jeong!" I ran to the canteen, "Can you put this in the fridge, I don't want the ice cubes to melt!" I gave her the Americano, "Did you just run all the way to Pororo Café to get a drink that you won't drink right now?" She asked suspiciously, "Um yeah, I'm saving it for later." I lied, "Who is it for?" She asked, ah, I looked at my watch, "Got to go cous, that's a story for another time! Thanks!" I ran to class.

- - -

"Thanks for keeping it cool Jeong!" I said as she gave me the drink, "Who is it for Chae?" She asked, "Just a classmate, can I have it now?" I asked, reaching for it, "So you have a crush?" Darn it, is it that obvious? "Well? Kind of, but please don't say anything!" I begged, "Fine fine, I won't say anything to your friends." I glared at her, "You're going to tell Nayeon-unnie aren't you. Well, might as well just tell everyone now." I sighed since once Nayeon knows, everyone will know and I mean everyone.

"Here you go kid." She gives me the drink, "Thanks!" I take it and head to the school's studying room but when I get there, she's not there. Hmm, where could she be? Maybe she finally is getting lunch in the canteen! Thank you my brilliant brain!

I rushed over back to where I started, looked around the room until I spotted her reading a book with two other girls beside her. "She's coming over now!" Her friend whispered loudly. "Hi! I'm Sana and this is Momo, are you here for Mina?" I nodded, of course, "Yeah, is it okay if I take a seat?" I asked, excited that I finally get to introduce myself. "Mina, say hi to your friend." The girl named Momo nudged her shoulder, "H-hi." She lifted her head up, wow, she's even more beautiful up close. "Here, this is for you." I pushed a cup I ran two miles to get forward, "It's an Iced Americano from Pororo Café, I noticed you didn't walk in with one this morning." I smiled, maybe I overshared. I don't need her to know that I watch her all the time, I can't help it though.

"Uh, thank you?" She took the drink, and opened the cap to smell it. Why did she smell it? She then looked around, what is she doing? I almost started laughing out loud because of her cuteness, "Um Chaeyoung, I think you should go." She said, oh, that kind of hurt. "What, why?" I asked, not wanting to leave yet. "Because people are staring." She answers, "Then let them stare." I shrugged, they could stare all they wanted. They're probably staring at though since she is the prettiest girl to walk the Earth.

"What are you doing here Chaeyoung? Are you trying to pull some sick joke?" She asked, I don't understand, why would it be a joke? "What? No! Why would you think that?" I asked, trying to make sense of it. "Because you've never talked to me before, you probably don't even know my name!" She said with a look of disbelief, "Of course I know your name, Myoui Mina, the smartest girl in school, top every single class." And the person that currently has my heart.

"Oh." She muttered, looking nervous, "So Chaeyoung, so what brings you here? Are you and Mina dating?" Sana asked, this was my chance, I should ask her now, "No no, not really but I would like to ask if she'd like to go on a date with me." She popped up and started laughing which made me confused, "Oh, wait you're serious?" She uttered, shocked and I nodded, "Uh, well, I got to go, would you look at the time!" She ran out of there so quickly and didn't look back.

Did I say something wrong?

- - - - -

Well, the news is out, Son Chaeyoung likes Myoui Mina and to who was that a surprise hehe...anyways, hope you all enjoyed this chapter!!

- Pengu <3