Chapter 12

Chaeyoung POV

I woke up in an unfamiliar place but then realized I stayed overnight at MiSaMos'. "Good morning sunshine." I saw Mina walk in looking perfect as always. "Good morning! What time did you wake up?" I asked her, hoping she didn't wake up too early. "Just now, I know I must look like a mess, I just went to the bathroom." She said and my mouth dropped, "S-so you always look like this in the morning?" I was in awe, "Uh, yeah, I know it's bad, you don't have to rub it in." She folds her arms, "Wha-no, no, you look amazing, like, you look so good, cute really." My cheeks turned red. "Oh, thanks, I like your hair, very um frizzly." She sat down next to me. "Yeah? I'll send you my hairdresser's contact." I joked and we both laughed together.

- - - -

We all got to school together, the six of us. Of course there were many students looking, it was the SMC aces with the foreign students. Momo and Dahyun were holding hands, Sana and Tzuyu were surprisingly not together, I wrapped my arm around Mina because she started quivering.

We sat down in class and luckily for me, my first class today was with Tzuyu, "So you and Sana?" I nudged her teasingly, "Huh? What? No, why?" She said calmly. "Mina and I went to check on you two just to see if you girls were okay and we saw you two sleeping together." I explained and she nodded, "Yeah, I guess we fell asleep, but nothing happened, we just talked." She said, "Oh okay, I won't pry anymore, but do you like her?"

Tzuyu hesitated for a second before answering, "No, she's just a friend."

- - -

It was lunchtime and I walked to the canteen, "Where's Mina?" I asked, seeing that everyone is at the table but her. "She was still at her locker when we left, but that was ten minutes ago." Sana said. "Oh, I should go check on her." I started to walk away, "Chae, she'll be here, just wait your whipped-ass a bit and sit down." Tzuyu said, stuffing food into her mouth, "Damn, who hurt you." I sat down and she glared at me. I stuck my tongue out at her and she rolled her eyes.

It's been twenty minutes and she still isn't here, she must be studying in the library. What if she forgets her lunch? I ran to the library but she wasn't there, we have ten minutes left of lunchtime, she better have eaten.

- - -

We finished school and I looked for her at her locker, "Mina!" As soon as I called her name, she started running, "Mina!" She finally stopped, "What are you doing? Did you eat lunch? Why were you running?" I bombarded her with questions but she didn't answer any of them. 

Mina POV

"Um, nothing, I got to go." I stumbled away to the house. As soon as I got there, I ran to my room and shut the door. I slump to the floor, wincing and clutching my side.

*flashback*

"Hey!" One of the cheerleaders called me, "I heard you are partners with Chaeng on a biology project and you walked in with her today." Her voice was harsh, "Uh yeah." I mumbled, "Who even are you anyways, you look like a nerd." The girl next to her scoffed which made me a bit annoyed. "I-" I started, "I bet you Chaengie's just using you to get a good grade, after the project she'll probably just throw you out like the trash you are." They start laughing and walk away but the cheerleader captain turns around and grabs my shirt and says, "Don't make a move on her, no, don't even think about liking her, she's mine and you're too unpopular to be with her." I roll my eyes, "Then why is she spending time with me and not you? I bet you can't tell the difference between Carbon and Oxygen, that's why your grades are so low and that is why she wants me and not you." I smirk but maybe I shouldn't have done that since she kicked me down.

"Shut the frick up, you're just a nobody." She started kicking my abdomen, "Leave her alone and we'll leave her alone, simple. I know your brain can understand." She spits and then walks away for the last time.

*flashback over*

I took off my shirt to look at the bruising in the mirror, "No ribs broken which is good, just bruising so-" The door opened, "Mina, gues-" I turned around and tried to cover it up, "What the fuck happened?!" They ran over, "It's nothing...I just tripped." I lied but I know they knew I wasn't telling the truth, "Stop lying." Sana gave me a scary look, "I just got beat up by some jealous idiots, it's no big deal really, it'll take a few weeks to heal but that- ow! What was that for?!" Momo poked my bruise. "That doesn't seem like not a big deal, we should take you to the doctors." She took my hand, "No, it's fine, I can take care of myself." I pulled my hand away, "Mina! Wh-why? At least tell us who did this to you!" Sana stood up, "It's fine okay, I don't need you to stand up for me or talk to them for me, I don't want anyone to get hurt, so please, just drop it and everything will be okay." I sighed.

"A-are you sure you'll be okay?" Will I? If I keep this up will I be? "Yeah, I'll be alright. What about you two!" I quickly changed my mood to a smile, "Any date plans for you and Dahyun or you and Tzuyu?" I smirked at them, "Wait, you and Tzuyu are together?!" Momo stepped back, "What? No, where did you get that?" She put her hands up in defense, "You two went upstairs together during the sleepover." Momo teased, "Oh...that, yeah I was just tired and Tzuyu went to see if I was okay and then we accidentally fell asleep." Sana "explained", but I'm sure there was more to that.

- - -

I went to school the next day trying to avoid her as much as possible but that was kind of hard since we were partners for one of our classes. "You've been avoiding me Mina." Chaeyoung said, not looking away from her computer, "Did I do something wrong?" She finally stopped typing, "What? No." I responded, short and simple. "Oh, okay." She sighed.

I lightly slammed my hand on my keyboard in frustration, "I need a break." I got up and went to the bathroom, "Mina, wait!" Chaeyoung ran after me, perfect. "What?" I shot back, I really need to get control of myself. "I-I'm sorry, a-are you okay?" She asks calmly, "I-yeah, I'm just..." I take in a deep breath, "I just have a lot going on in my head and we have this big project which is usually pretty easy but I can't seem to focus when I have so much to worry about and-" my heart rate went up talking about it but as soon as she stopped me, it slowed down. "Hey, hey. It's going to be alright, how about this, I'll take you out on a date this weekend. It'll help you take a break and help reboot your mind for our project." She offered, which was really sweet, but how was I supposed to put space between us when there's a constant pull for us to come together? Should I just tell her?

"Okay, let's do it." I came to the conclusion, the sooner we finish the dates, the sooner I will be left alone and out of the spotlight.

- - - - -

Ello, it's pengu, what's up. Uh so, satzu huh, guess things are awkward between them, Dahmo is chill, no problems with them (unless y'all want me to start some drama 👀), and Michaeng is going thru a rough patch right now, but I assure you it will all be over...soon...ish? Hehe, anywayssss, hope you enjoyed this chapter!! Thank you all so much for 1K reads and 100+ votes, that's just amazing!! I luv u all~

- Pengu <3