Chapter 6

Chaeyoung POV

I stayed behind to practice more, I needed to win this game or else I'd blow away my chance of being with Mina. "Chaeng, take a break, you've been at it for an hour, it's nighttime and you haven't had dinner yet!" Dahyun urged. "I can't, we need to win." I shot another ball and it went straight into the hoop, "Is this really that important?" Tzuyu asked and I stopped dribbling, "Yes! It's literally the most important thing in my life! I've liked Mina ever since the first day of high school when I saw her studying in the library and I'm not about to give up losing something when I know I can win." I was determined.

"Wow, you really like her." Tzuyu crossed her arms, "Okay then, we'll win, we'll try our best right Dahyun?" Tzuyu affirmed, "Of course we will!" Dahyun got up to play defense. "Thank you so much, I owe you two one!" Tzuyu got up and stretched a little before getting into ready position.

- - -

It was the day of the big game and I was so ready to leave our opponents in the dust. "Are you nervous?" Dahyun came up next to me as walked to the gym, "Extremely, but knowing that Mina will be there kind of eases me a bit. Are you nervous? The girl you like is watching too." I ask her, "Yeah, but as you said, it kind of eases me." I wrapped my arm around her shoulder, "So have you come to the conclusion yet? Is she the one for you?" I ask, " I think so." She nodded, I'm happy that she's finally found someone.

We went to the locker room to see Tzuyu already there, "Hurry and change, we need to be on the court in five." She orders, "Yes ma'am." Dahyun salutes and we get ready.

"And from JYP High School we have the SMC Tigers with their Captain Son Chaeyoung leading the team!" the MC announced and we ran out to a huge audience cheering us on. I looked around and spotted Mina, I pointed to her, at me, and then to shoot, seeming to say, every shot I shoot is for you.

As the game started we were doing so well with a ten point lead, it was half time and when I looked over to where she was sitting, there was a guy next to her. Who was that? Was that her boyfriend? Does he like her? My mind was clouded which threw off my game.

I didn't have enough time to dodge when one of the players from the other team rammed into me, I fell on the ground feeling pain in my dominant arm. No, no, no, this can't be happening! "Chaeyoung!" Their voices sounded distorted, "Chaeyoung!" They gathered around me, "Are you okay?" Tzuyu lifted me up, "Yeah, but look at the score!" We were losing by four. "Chaeyoung don't mind the score! You hurt your arm, sit out, we got this." I shook my head, "I have to play!" I had to win, "Are you sure Chaeyoung?" Our coach asked and I nodded with great assurance.

The ref called a technical foul which meant I got two free throws, I had to make both and then score a three with the five seconds we had left. I stood behind the line, clutching my arm, the pain seemed to have subsided but it still hurt.

One, two, three, I threw the ball, it swished. I took a deep breath getting ready to throw the last ball, I nodded at Tzuyu and then at Dahyun. Swish! The sound of the ball hitting the inner part of the next made me smile, all we needed was three points.

The ball was in my possession and I ran to the curved line.

5.

I took a deep breath.

4.

I close my eyes, calming my senses.

3.

"You can do it Chaeyoung!" A familiar voice yelled. Mina.

2.

I smiled, throwing the ball and holding my posture. Please make it in, please make it in.

1.

The ball bounced on the rim, once, twice, and then...in the basket! We won!

Tzuyu and Dahyun ran to hug me, "Son Chaeyoung! Son Chaeyoung!" Everyone cheered. "Woo!" I pumped my fist in the air, "Ow, my arm." They squeezed me too har, "Oops sorry.' They laughed.

I looked through the crowd but Mina wasn't in sight, she was still by the stands, looking elsewhere. I walked forward, all eyes on us, "Myoui Mina, will you go on ten dates with me?" I smiled, offering my hand, "You can't say no, a deal's a deal." I reminded, "Yes." She finally agreed.

Mina POV

Chaeyoung turned around to face her friends, "She said yes!" She looked so happy.

When she fell to the floor I might've got a tad bit scared, I wanted to rush over there to see if she was alright but I couldn't. Maybe I did want the ten dates to happen.

"Okay, I think I need to go to the hospital now." She turned back to me, "Would you like me to take you?" I offer, wow, didn't know I had that in me. "Really? !" She got super excited, "Yeah, it's the least I could do since you played really well." She nodded.

We said goodbye to our friends and headed to the hospital, "So where are we going on our first date?" I asked her but she shook her head, "It's a surprise." I pouted, "Fine." The doctor came in to put a cast on her, he said it wasn't that serious but she shouldn't play basketball for a few weeks until it fully heals, "It's good that we don't have another game until next month then." She chuckles. "Will you be the first to sign my cast?" She asked, giving me a pen. "Sure!" I wrote, "Get well soon Chaeng!" with a small heart, "It's perfect!" She admired it.

She dropped me off at home, "You didn't have to drop me off." I said, but she shook her head, "Of course I had to, I couldn't have something happen to you which would have you miss our date!" She smiled, "By the way, clear your schedule on Saturday, date number one will happen!" She announced.

"Ah really? I planned to study all day." I joked but I don't think she got the sarcasm. "Oh." Her expression turned sad, "I'm just joking Chaeyoung, I had nothing to do anyways." Her face lit up, "Okay prepare for the best date ever!" I nodded.

We stood in silence, "Mina?" She asked, "Yes?" I responded, "Before I go, can I hug you?" She requested. I hesitated since I'm not the type of person to do much skin-ship. "Sure." She opened her arms and I felt her beating heart. Her warmth was like the warm fire on a winter's day, when you would sit in front of the fireplace defrosting from the bitter snow. "Thank you Mina, for today." She whispered.

No, thank you Chaeng.

- - - - -

Hehehehehehehhehehehhe...michaeng too cute, just them standing next to each other lifts my lonely day. It makes me believe that love may be real. I know they aren't real but the thought of it sounds nice, it's just a fake reality to distract myself from the fact that I haven't been in a relationship before 😭 lol okay, I'm oversharing. Well, hope you enjoyed this chapter!!

- Pengu <3