Chapter 2: Left Alone

(This is kinda just a review chapter of how you were brainwashed and what was happening when you were unconscious. Sorry)

Third Person POV

On the WS's way back to Sheild headquarters to deliver you to Hydra and Pierce, he was informed Japser Sitwell, a undecover Hydra agent working at SHEILD, had been kidnapped by Captain America and a former SHEILD agent, Natasha Romanof, with the help of a man with wings.

.............................................................................

After capturing you and rescuing Sitwell and almost capturing Captain America and the two others, the WS returned to the Hydra base, where Alexander Pierce was anxiously awaiting his arrival.

"Hier ist das Mädchen (Here's the girl)" he said in German as he dropped you on the floor.

Many scientists in lab coats gathered around your limb body and one of the guards picked you up and placed you in one of the two chairs in the room.

The WS's arm had taken some damage from the fight and was in desperate need of repair. Something about him was different. Something had triggered him, and flashbacks began to occur. They felt familiar yet distant and foreign at the same time. Many of the people in these visions also seemed eerily familiar...but then again appeared like total strangers. The feelings, emotions, the memories were too much, and he snapped knocking one of the scientists across the room.

"Sir, he-he's unstable, erratic" one of the scientist tried to warn Pierce as he entered the room.

Signaling the weapons to be lowered he calmly demanded "Mission report."

The WS kept silent and Pierce repeated, "Mission report, now." But he gave no answers and in return was given a hard slap across the face.

"The man on the bridge. Who was he?" the WS asked gazing into Pierce's eyes.

"You met him earlier this week on another assignment."

"I knew him"

"Your work had been a gift to mankind. You shaped the century. And I need you to do it one more time. Society is at a tipping point between order and chaos. And tomorrow morning we are gonna give it a push. But, if you don't do your part, I can't do mine. And Hydra can't give the world the freedom it deserves," Pierce babbled on.

Unfazed and indifferent to Pierce's words, he stated almost in a hypnotized state, "But I knew him."

Sighing and standing up clearly annoyed Pierce ordered, "Prep him."

"He's been out of cyrofreeze for too long."

"Then start over and wipe him." And then glancing at you slumber over in the other chair he said, "The girl too. You never know how many of these things we might need now."

Strapping both him and the you down to your chair, the machines hummed as it reared you for it's demonic work. The sounds of his and your screams, the pain awakening you from your slumbering state, filled the headquarters.

.............................................................................

Hydra, unable to finish what they believed they need to complete your training, did not send you out to destroy the Avengers, but kept you locked in a cell.

Alone, confused, deprived of food and water you began to loose the last bit of sanity you had. Throwing yourself around the cage in hopes of breaking it, you tried to escape, expelling the last bits of energy you had. Your screams and yells of anguish echoed through the empty halls, which drew a multitude of guards.

Unable to outdo 20 guards, they began to overpower you, beating and tazeing you until you collapsed unconscious. Hydra's means of punishment was pain and torture. Once again you were dragged to a room with a single chair in the middle where they performed similar procedures to when you had been captured the first time. They also continued to brain wash you hoping to torture the insubordination and misconduct out of you.

All of the sudden there was a deep quaking, causing the floor to tremble underneath you. The quaking was the result of the crashing of the massive helicarriers that the Avengers had hijacked and caused to destroy one another.

Being alerted of Hydra's demise everybody rushed out of the base, fearing for their lives, leaving you still strapped to the chair.