Chapter 7: Found

Y/N's POV

Was that really Bucky on the news? He really was real. I hadn't just imagined him...wait that meant that all my memories of him were also real. Seeing him brought all the hurtful and painful memories back, especially the day he left. I still wondered why he did it and why I wasn't good enough for him. This sent me into a downward spiral. I didn't eat, sleep, or leave the apartment. Unfortunately, despite my previous resolutions, I had signed as some crazy rich black market billionaire's private assassin. It was only because I got drunk one night at a party and lost a bet and now I owned him a bunch of money. If I didn't pay it or work to pay it off, he would have his other thugs come beat the shit of out me. Not something I really enjoyed, not gonna lie.

I had skipped out on over 3 assignments, each time earning me death threats from him. The last note said I had 48 to collect the money or they would find me...and well...kill me. I didn't care. I had nothing else to live for. No one knew I existed, besides people who could use me or people I owed money too, and no one loved me. The world is a cruel place when there is no one there to love you. Even worse I would venture would be believing someone loved you but discovering they actually didn't. Today was the day I was supposed to pay him back but fate had other plans.

............................................................................

(Back with Steve and Nat)

Third Person POV

Bucky was handcuffed in vibranium handcuffs and was hooded and led out of the complex by two guards.

The hood was ripped off his head, the sudden exposure to light blinding him.

"Bucky, no games. Lead us to Y/N." Steve told Bucky impatiently.

"We have a whole SWAT team ready at our signal. You'd be dead before your body hit the ground." Nat said as she grabbed him and took the handcuffs off him. "We won't be needing these. You'll make the right decision, I'm sure."

When Bucky had finally lead them to the apartment complex back in Romania, he motioned for them to follow him up the stairs. When they reached the door, he signaled them to stop.

"220, this is the place. I might end better if you stay out here, just for now. She's not the same Y/N as the one you were telling me about. She trusts no one and knows no one other than me. She won't hesitate to kill you if she sees you as a threat."

Nat was about to counter when Steve grabbed her arm and nodded motioning to her that it would be fine.

Bucky placed his metal hand on the door after unlocking it with the key he still had. He hesitated. He hadn't been back since he left. To be honest he didn't even know if you were still here.

Finally mustering up the courage he opened the door. As the door creaked open, he cautiously stepped inside with Nat and Steve looking over his back. Everything was in shambles and it looked like no one had been there in weeks. Tables and chairs were overturned. All the contents of the kitchen cabinets were strewn across the counter and floor. Windows and walls had been either punched through or shattered. Careful where he stepped, Bucky silently made his way through the house, to the bedroom.

The bedroom was as much destroyed if not more than the rest of the house. The bed frame had been broken, leaving the mattress and no spring laying on the floor. The TV had been smashed and their were countless holes in the Sheetrock walls. The closet door were open and clothes lay everywhere in pieces. Shards of glass lay strewn across the floor. Drops of blood sprinkled the floor leading to the far corner of the room.

Stepping over the ruins of his once happy life, he walked over to the corner, fearing what he might witness next.

There you sat huddled in the corner arms hugging your legs like a scared puppy. In your hands was one of Bucky shirts which you were grasped intently. Your body and face were covered in blood and bruises. Blood soaked hair that had escaped your ponytail stuck to your face. Your eyes were bloodshot and glazed over as if she were in a trance.

"Y/N?" he whispered as he squatted down to your level.

You didn't seem to hear him. You continued to stare right through him.

"Y/N," he whispered again and placed his real hand under your chin lifting your head, so he could see into your eyes.

Slowly awakening you looked deep into his eyes, with a questioning glare.

"Bucky? Is that really you? You're here? For me?" you said tears beginning to form in your eyes.

"Yes it's me, doll. It's really me."

You threw yourself into his arms holding him as tightly as you could. He lifted you up so that you were both hugging while standing up.

"What have I done," he whispered almost inaudibly. It triggered you though.

"Wait, you left me!" You screamed as you pushed him away. "Why? I did nothing to you?"

"Y/N, I can explain," he said as he place his hand on your shoulder.

"Get off! There is not explanation! I wasn't good enough for you! You left me! In the middle of the night! Without a word! WITHOUT A GODDAMN WORD OR NOTE!YOU WERE JUST GONE!" You screamed as you began to punch his chest, him standing there taking it like a man. "You promised you would never leave me," you finally stopped and whispered looking up into his crystal eyes.

Hearing the yelling Steve and Nat rushed in but both stopped dead in their tracks at the doorway of the bedroom. Turning and seeing them you hid behind Bucky, him wrapping his arm around you giving you a feeling of protection.

"Bucky who are they?"

"Y/N?" Steve asked his eyes large with wonder.

"How do you know me? Bucky how do they know me?"

"You don't remember me?"

"How does he know me Bucky?!"

"Shhhh doll. We'll explain later. Right now we have to get out of here."

"I can't leave. You don't understand I can't leave," you said panic rising in your voice as you stepped out of Bucky's arms.

"Why? What's wrong?"

"Bucky...I went back to being an assassin and I owe this one guy a bunch of money. His thugs are headed to come and kill me now."

"Not on our watch!" Steve said trying to reassure you.

As if on cue, four large burly men bust into the apartment. Nat ran and grabbed your arm and pulled you into the bathroom and closed the door. "Stay here," she said

All you heard were the grunts of the men as they landed the floor and the firing of Nat's handguns. Moments later, Bucky came and retrieved you from the bathroom. He picked you up bridal style, finding you too easy to pick up, and went back to the complex. Exhausted, you fell unconscious in his arms.

....................................................................

Y/N POV

I woke up to the whirling of a helicopter still in Bucky's arms. When you all reached the complex back in Berlin, Bucky was taken away by four guards and placed in handcuffs. Too tired to resist you just followed Nat inside, feeling a sense of familiarity to her almost like you were long lost friends, but I couldn't figure out from where.

I was lead through the building, all heads turning as I walked by, into a glass room. The room only had a conference table. At the head of the table sat what looked like a very perplexed dark haired man. He seemed almost familiar, but then again most people you had just met did. Also there was so almost instinctive hate I had for him.

"Tony," Nat said.

He looked up a saw me. He stood up and exclaimed almost not believing his eyes, "Y/N?"