Chapter 8: Left Again, Typical

Y/N's POV

"Y/N?" the man at the head of the table asked again standing up walking toward me.

I looked up at Steve. All these people knew my name but I had no idea who any of them were. All I wanted was to be safe in Bucky's arms.

"Y/N, this is Tony...your dad."

"My what?"

"You don't remember me?" Tony asked tears welling up in his eyes.

"I don't remember any of you....I'm sorry. Hydra brainwashed me and now I can't remember anyone except Bucky, I guess."

At the same time a young boy, about my age I think, with brown wavy hair and brown eyes, burst into the room.

"IheardY/Nishere! Where is she?" He spit out faster than I could process what he we was saying. He then glanced over in my direction and saw me, pure excitement, joy, and relief washing over his face. He rushed over and grabbed me into the biggest hug possible and kissed me right on the lips. Who was this kid?

I jerked away, startled by this sudden show of affection from this random person. A look of rejection crossed his face.

"What happened to you? Why are you all bruised and bloody? Why did you jerk away?"

Overwhelmed by everything, I looked up at Steve to answer for me. I physically did not have the mental capacity to deal with this.

Picking up on my cue, he answered the boy, "Peter, she's been through a lot lately, so let's just try to give her some space to get acclimated, ok."

"What's wrong with her? Why does she act like she can't remember me? Does she not love me any more?" Turning to me he asked, "do you not love me anymore. Baby, please answer me!"

I looked up into his sad brown puppy eyes. I feel like I knew him and that kiss that he gave me felt...well normal almost, almost comforting. I think it just surprised me more than anything.

"I'm sorry, I don't remember any of you," holding back my tears. I couldn't let them see me weak, that's not who I was. I kill people for a living, I wasn't a crier.

"Conference room, now, downstairs. Bring metal man too. We all need to speak."

About 20 minutes later we were all gathered in the conference room downstairs, well most of us. I had heard that some Thor guy wasn't here. There we're also people there who I had no idea who they were, but then again their presence and faces felt familiar. Shortly after Bucky was let in, vibranium handlocks.

Seeing him enter the room, I rushed over and hugged him wrapping my arms around his stiff frame. One of the guards went to remove me, but Tony shook his head. Bucky bent down and I whispered in his ear,

"Bucky, I'm so scared. I don't remember anything and its really freaking me out."

"Doll, we'll get through this...together," and he kissed me on the lips for a few moments.

When I turned around, I saw that Peter had stifened and had a look of confusion, anger, and jealousy on his face. He then glared at Bucky with an intense stare of hate.

"Thank you, Mr. Barnes for finding my daughter. You're done here. Guards, take him back."

"Where are you taking him? What did he do?" I asked as I plopped down in one of the chairs in the room.

"Kid, he's an enemy of the government. A killer. He is now our prisoner."

"Well, if you use that logic, I should be locked up too. I'm a trained and professional assassin."

"You are no enemy of the government and you are my daughter. He is a weapon of Hydra and has killed many government officials over the decades. He is a weapon of mass destruction and has to be contained, for now at least.

I called this meeting to figure things out, like why were you in that apartment in Romania, why you can't remember anything, and why you disappeared."

"I've told you a thousand times. I don't know who any of you are. I feel like I should know you guys, but I don't. I was brainwashed by Hydra so many times, ironically I can't remember how many times. I was in that apartment becuase Bucky rescued me after SHEILD and Hydra fell and I lived with him ever since. Lastly, I have no idea what you are talking about disappearing. I remember Hydra and most things after that, so if it was before that I can't help you.

If that answers all your questions, would someone in this hell hole tell me who the hell you all are and how you know me, and anything else that's important?"

Everyone simultainiously looked in the direction of Steve.

Sighing, realizing the silent vote was unanomous, he began.

"You are Y/N Stark, Tony Starks daughter." he motioned to Tony.

"Do I have a mother?"

"No...well yes...we just dont know where."

"Ok then...continue...."

"This is Nat, Sam, Wanda, Vision, Clint, and Thor is not here at the moment. He's a god who lives in Asgard, a different world." Steve continued to explain more about each person, trying to jog my memory.

"And this is Peter, your boyfriend...I believe..." he paused dreading my response.

"MY WHAT? I don't even know this kid, much less remember dating him"

"You don't remember me at all...?" Peter asked his voice almost as low as a whisper.

"I'm sorry...I don't.." I felt terrible. I was breaking this kid's heart just because I don't remember him. I was hurting people I obviously loved and I couldn't do anything about it.

"Are you and...well...Bucky...a thing..." he asked hesitantly. "I mean...you guys kissed and all."

"I don't know....maybe...yes I guess....I don't know....I'm just so overwhelmed and confused."

At that, Peter got up and stormed away.

"Peter!" Tony called after him.

"I'm sorry...." tears beginning to form in my eyes as I looked up into apparently my father's eyes. I only saw anger in them. No understanding or pity, just anger. I guess rightfully so. Tony seemed to have a pretty close relationship with Peter, and I really just screwed things up.

Tony also got up and stormed after Peter.

Once again, someone who apparently was supposed to love me the most left because I am such a failure. Typical, I guess.

Hey guys! Thank you so much for reading! If you guys have any suggestions just send me a message and I will be happy to encorporate them. Sorry for any spelling mistakes!