Chapter 10: Escaped

Y/N's POV

As we ran, I began to fear the worst. Someone only wants the Winter Soldier for one of two reasons. One, to contain him and protect innocent people, and two, to bring to life an ever present and willing master assassin. I assumed it was the latter, for obvious reasons. Bucky had never told me what triggered the awakening of the Winter Soldier, all I knew though was that it was a horrifically tragic and heartwrenching process.

The rush of adreneline in my own system began to spark my desire kill and destroy anyone and anything, no matter how hard I tried to vanquish these thoughts. This imbalance of emotions started causing me to flicker.

"You good?" Steve asked still running clearly suprised by this.

"God, I hate when this happens. Uhh, just give me a sec."

I knew that if I turned into a shadow, I would be less likely to be seen or heard and I could move faster. I gave in and went full stealth mode and raced as fast as my shadow legs could.

As I grew closer, I heard the agonizing screams of Bucky slowly evolve into yells of fury and outrage along with the sounds of clashing metal and shattering glass, only quickening my pace. Then everything went dead silent.

As I entered I knocked out some of the guards at the door and returned to my physical form. Pitiful bastards. They were absolutely useless. Suddenly cold fingers wrapped around my throat. Flashbacks of a similar scene flooded my brain.

"Hey, nice to see you too." I whispered as I began kicking him in the chest with my dangling feet, casuing him to drop me too the ground.

Inbetween gasps for air, I sprang to my feet and began to defend myself. Strength wise, we were almost an even match; I mean I could at least hold my own for some time. But I was no match for that metal arm. Everytime he struck, I would muster up all the strength and mental effort I had to turn that specific spot into a shadow, making his hand go right through me. Each punch angered him more.

I heard the roar of more guards running down the hallway. Stupidly, I turned my head for a second, distracted. That's when he made his move, and I didn't see it coming. strength, A hard blow from his foot made making contact with my chest sent my flying through the air, smacking the concrete wall. Everything went black.

Steve's POV

"What the-? Did you know she could do that? What?" Sam screamed, clearly confused on how Y/N just flickered and then disapeared. "Did some creepy, Y/N looking like shadow, just appear on the wall beside you after Y/N disapeared. You enhanced people are freaky."

"You'll get used to it!" I answered laughing.

As we got near the cell, countless guards laid strewn about, unconscious or dead. Cautiously we approched the open door, until I heard a pitiful fake cry of help.

"Help," Zemo groaned.

"Get up," I ordered as I kicked him. I wasn't dealing with non-compliance so I jerked him off the ground by the collar of his jacket, slamming him against the wall pinning him there.

"Who are you! What do you want!"

"To see an empire fall," Zemo grinned hautily.

At the same time, Bucky came out of no where and attacked Sam, launching him into his glass cell, knocking him unconscious.

Turning around, I got a glimpse of Y/N slumped over back against the wall across the room. I only had time to quickly gaze at her, before Bucky started attacking me. I landed a punch right across his face only angering him more. Forced to take the defensive, Bucky began backing me up as I defended myself. I didn't want to fight him, but I also didn't want to end up dead. Tripping backwards, I tried to scramble back to my feet and recover. Before I had the chance, Bucky was already on me, ready to take me out slamming me into an elevator door before he punched me right through it, sending me to the concrete floor beneath.