Chapter 6: Find My Daughter

(This happens during Civil War right after Bucky got captured by the Avengers and was placed in the glass cell)

Bucky's POV

Once again I was in a cage. I was a danger to society. I was feared as some weapon of mass destruction, not one thought or even consideration of my humanity. I guess I had gotten myself into some of this mess though. I was curious and wanted to find out the truth about how that blondie knew me. Curiosity killed the cat, they say, I think. I can't really keep up with modern day lingo. Truth comes at a price, and this was it.

I realized though that I had bargaining power. As my memories came back, I realized who Y/N was and where she came from. She was Y/N Stark, Tony Stark's daughter, and I had kidnapped her for Hydra about a year ago. No one else knew that though.

I was placed in sub-level five in what appeared in the east wing. I had a meeting tomorrow with a phycologist for "mental evaluation". I already knew I was crazy. I didn't need some weirdo to confirm that.

I knew that everyone was watching me, probably the whole complex, hundreds of cameras and probably twice as many eyes and ears all on me. I only cared about one though, Tony Stark.

Third Person POV

"I have something of interest to you Mr. Stark." Bucky called out.

"Is this joker really talking with me. He's in a high security facility and he's trying to bargain with me?" Tony asked turning to Nat.

"Let's just see what he has to say, for kicks at least."

Tony did his signature eye roll but decided to play along.

"Mr. Barnes, what it heavens name can you possibly have that would interest me?"

"Something you lost. Something you hold dear. Your daughter."

"You son of a bi-," Tony screamed over the monitor as he launched his coffee mug at the tv. "Don't you dare bargain with my daughter."

"You hold my life in your hands, why would I joke. About a year ago she went missing, eh? No note, nothing. Not even a goodbye. She was defenseless and alone when I kidnapped her. But..."

As he was speaking though, he began to recall the sweet memories about Y/N and then how he left he, no note, nothing. He just left in her sleep. Overcome with these feelings if guilt, his whole demeanor changed.

"Stark, I don't want to use Y/N as a bargaining tool. I just want you to find her, to make sure she is safe, safe from me."

"Don't you dare speak her name!"

............................................................................

Steve and Sam had been watching the whole exchange between Bucky and Tony from another room.

"Sam, he knows where Y/N is, and Tony's not going to do anything about it. We have to find her!"

"Steve, we're criminals. It may not seem like it but we are probably being watched just as much as your psycho friend there. No way they would let us just waltz out of here "to find Y/N". You and Tony aren't really even on good terms either, with you refusing to sign and all."

"I'll be back," and Steve stormed out of the room into the glass walled conference room, where Tony and Nat were.

"Tony, we have to listen to him. If he is even has a clue where Y/N is at we have to at least try. She's your daughter for heavens sake."

"Woah, slow your roll Cap. Do you think I'm about to trust the word of a serial killer, with a metal arm? No, no I'm not. Even if I was, I'm not about to let him fly free for him just to escape. You either."

"Just let me talk to him. Get some more details. Tony, think of her, her safety may be at risk."

Tony hesitated, clearly angry and conflicted.

"Fine. Romanoff, you go down with him. Make sure no monkey business happens."

She nodded and left the room with Steve behind her.

There were guards blocking the entrance, but as soon as they saw Nat they moved. When the doors were finally opened, there sat Bucky, his arms and chest strapped to a chair enclosed in multiple layers of bulletproof glass cube.

"Bucky, no games. Where's Y/N and how do you know where she is?"

"She's living in an apartment we shared back in Romania. Once SHEILD and Hydra fell, I found her in one of Hydra's old bases, unconscious and barely alive. I nursed her back to health, and knowing no one else we just lived together. That's it."

Both Nat and Steve started at Bucky in unbelief. No one clues to where Y/N had gone since her disappearance had been uncovered until now. Were they willing to trust Bucky?

............................................................................

(Back with Stark)

"Stark, I'm sure he was telling the truth. There would be no advantage to him lying. He's also not trying to use it as a bargaining tool. We didn't even have to force the information out of him." Nat tried to convince Tony.

"Even I believed a word bionic man had to say, what am I gonna do. I can't leave, not now at least, and I'm certainly not letting these "rebels"," nodding to Steve and Sam who was still in the other room, "just skip out of here."

"I'll go with them. I can handle it, and you know it."

Still Tony wouldn't budge.

"Tong, this may be the last time we get the chance to find Y/N. Could you live with yourself if you knew you had the opportunity but didn't take it?"

A heavy silence fell upon the room.

"Fine, but your not getting your shield back. Metal man is also gonna be in handcuffs and I'm sending extra guards with you."

Nat and Steve left to go prepare, but as Steve walked through the door, Tony grabbed his shoulder and looked into his eyes.

"Find my daughter."

Cap just nodded and left.