The Beginning

.....Lila.....

I was staying near some mountains hoping to find my brother, he had always talked about trying to climb them. It's been a few weeks since I ran away from home. Over the past few days weird things have been happening to me, just the other day I was trying to cross a river when some rocks rose to the top and created a path for me.

I was trying to find my older brother, but it was difficult since I had very little memory of him. It was starting to get dark out, so I decided to start setting up my camp. I'm glad my father and I liked to pretend camp in our back yard, or I'd be dead meat out here.

Just before I fell asleep I heard a rustling in the leaves on the edge of the woods, thinking it was only an animal, I ignored it in favor of sleep. Little did I know the noise was actually skeleton's that intended to kidnap me. Just as I closed my eyes they grabbed me and nocked me out.

I soon woke up sweating, it was too hot where ever I was. Looking around I realized I wasn't the only one the skeletons caught. They also caught a girl in a red kimono that looked a little older than me. She appeared to still be passed out. I eventually learned that the girls name was nya and the skeletons took her from her brother Kai. We were then chained up and put on a contraption to dangle above the lava.

It was night time when we herd a boy running into the volcano shouting. Nya recognized the voice and sent me a glance telling me it was her brother. We were then lowered down abruptly, as the evil shadow thing said something. The heat was making me feel faint at this point so I kept going in and out of consciousness. I managed to see the boy run and grab the sword that was in the center of the volcano. He then used the sword to cut Nya free, she then asked him to do the same for me, but there was no time. They had to escape the dragon and the shadow thing. The boy then proceeded to get beat up by the shadow. That's when an old man showed up to fight the shadow, the shadow then showed the old man something and he got angry.

.....Cole.....

I woke up very abruptly I had a weird dream about my sister being in trouble. Glancing around our camp I noticed skeleton feet right in front of me. I went to grab my weapon but it wasn't there they had snuck up on us and caught Zane and jay. They also had the golden weapons.

.....Lila.....

The old man then cut me down just as a dragon rose from the lava and helped me walk over to Nya. At this point I was about to pass out, just before I did, I saw the old man hop onto one of the rocks and use the sword to cut it free, he then sat down and fell into the depths of the volcano.

.....Cole.....

We were all tied up and dangling from a tree when Garmadon told the skeletons to leave us. Jay then pulled a sword out from nowhere and cut us free, much to Zane and I's dismay, we were both the ones he landed on. We then took off, jumping from tree to tree following the skeletons, to get the weapons back. We ended up failing.

As we got to the temple we were too late. Over hearing Kai say something about crossing over to the underworld we all turned. The temple was moving and Kai was sitting on top of a dragon with two people behind him. I was mostly freaking out because I was terrified of dragons. As I looked closer I noticed one of them was passed out. I cautiously walked over and realized the person that was passed out was my little sister.

Overhearing Kai's conversation I asked his sister to take mine with her and make sure she's ok. I don't know how she got involved with this or why she's here but I wanted her to be safe. She looks so much like our mom and is the sweetest person you'll ever meet. We then got the other dragons and started flying. I was fearing for my life the entire time but we eventually arrived in the underworld.

We were scaling the ceiling and had stopped on the long thin stalactites which ended up being spiders legs. We all fell to the ground and were discovered by the skeletons. Jay was trying to talk but he still didn't have his voice back, he ended up yelling what he was trying to say. We then started to form the Tornado of Creation as per Jay's request. Forming a ferris wheel cage around the skeletons. We then came upon sensei fighting Saumcai when we went to help Kai said it was sensei's fight. Then Saumcai tried to betray Garmadon and a vortex was formed. Then Garamadon went through it, we went to pick up the weapons. When we got back to Kai's blacksmith shop Nya ran out to greet us. Looking around the crowd of villagers I spotted my sister next to the building. I ran over to her and hoisted her up onto my shoulders like my dad did to me when I was little. She was startled at first but then she realized who I was.

.....Lila.....

I was sitting on the ground, by the blacksmith shop when Nya's brother got back. I knew my brother was with them somewhere. Nya had told me what happened in the volcano, after I had passed out. I tried to look for my brother, but I was too short to see over all the people, and I had almost no clue what he looked like. While I was waiting for the crowd to clear up, I was abruptly lifted off the ground and put on someone's shoulders. I panicked until I saw a mop of hair that looked similar to my fathers. I naturally assumed it was my brothers mop of hair and dumb face looking up at me. He let me down soon after and gave me a bone crushing hug.

We then stood in awkward silence for a few moments, I was waiting for him to ask why I was this far away from home. I looked up at him worried I was going to get reprimanded about running away. When he spoke up "what are you doing out here you should be at home with dad. He's probably worried about you. And how in Ninjago did you wind up with the skeletons?" I tried to respond but he just kept taking "were you trying to get hurt?" Then the old man from earlier came over and told Cole to calm down and let me explain my self. I then proceeded to tell Cole my story.
"Dad kept pushing me to do things impossible for a nine year old. I got tired of it, he kept saying your brother's successful at the Marty Oppenheimer school of performing arts you can live up to that. So I ran away to find you. I'd been wandering through ninjago for a week, I think the skeletons kidnapped me while I was asleep in the woods near the Mountains of Impossible Height."
Then Cole proceeded to yell at me for running away "What in Ninjago were you thinking, running away, YOUR NINE! You have no idea how to defend yourself or scavenge for food. Worse things could've happened if sensei hadn't helped free you from the skeletons!" At this point he was making me angry, what right did he have to yell at me for running away, he ran away at eight that's a year younger than me! I was angry enough to call him out
"YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO YELL AT ME! You ran away when you were eight, I barley had enough time to get to know you, I was an infant. First our mother, then you left and I was alone with dad. Do you have any idea what it's like growing up being told about a brother you've only met once and don't even remember. I always thought you left because of me" as I finished my sentence I started tearing up, I hadn't actually told anyone about how I felt. Cole noticed that I had begun to cry so he wrapped me up in a hug and started talking again. "I'm sorry I got mad at you, your right I shouldn't yell at you for doing the same thing I did. And I most definitely didn't run away because of you, I just couldn't live up to dad's expectations. But your going to have to go back home." I griped him tighter and begged him not to make me go back. Then the old man stepped in and surprisingly was on my side. He then mentioned something about having a strong gift and learning how to harness it. My brother reluctantly agreed with his sensei, then we went over to his friends. Cole then introduced me to each of them, Zane was the white ninja of ice, Jay was the blue ninja of lightning, and Kai who I had briefly met was the red ninja of fire. After they were done celebrating, we flew back to a place called the monastery where I started my new life.

1610 words

AN:Please feel free to comment on any mistakes or weird looking sentences. I type fast and sometimes my fingers hit the wrong buttons without me noticing. Edit thank you RicciKrohn for helping me edit the story.