New homeowners

....lila....
     Im out helping the guys fix the city, im not sure where lloy is and nya and sensei wu are out somewhere. we were curently fixing a signpoast.
     "Ugh, finally. All fixed up and Serpentine free." my brother said, he and jay were supporting the signpoast for zane.
     "Aargh. Ugh, this is frustrating." kai whined, after trying to use his elemantla powers.
     "Aah!" coel and jay shout as they lose grip on the signpoast and it tips.
     "Our weapons are gone and most of our elemental powers are gone. I mean, we can still do Spinjitzu, but..." kai continues to complain and attpempts to use his fire again. The only fire around tho is the blowtorch zane is using to weld the signpoast back together. "I just feel so, I don't know, limited. And thanks to the Devourer, our tank's out of commission, our Dragon's hurt, and now the Bounty is destroyed, we don't even have a place to sleep."
     "No one ever said being a hero is easy." zane says taking off the welding mask. "Though our good deeds may never make us rich, they make us rich in other ways."
     "Yeah, well, I don't feel rich." kai grumbles
     "I for one enjoy pitching in. I've always wanted to feel part of a community. Uh, speaking of which, anyone seen Nya? She said she was gonna help." jay comented, as said woman drove up on a motercycle.
     "And I have. I may have found us a place to live." she replys to jay, joining our conversation.
     "Really? But there's a waiting list a mile long to live in Ninjago City. How did you do that?" jay asks suprised
     "I know a guy, who knows a girl, and she knows this girl who knows a guy. Well, this guy knows a girl who's a real estate agent and she can help you find a place, if you catch my drift." she replies handing jay a pamphlet.
     "And where are you off to?" he questions
     "We have to find a couple of components to fix the ninja tank. And my dragon ointment has finally arrived. It's a day's trip, but once we get back, he'll be flying again. Also, I love scenic drives. Haha, punch it, Nya!" sensei answers from the sidecar.
     "Ay ay, Sensei." she replies
     "Yee-haw!" he exclaims as they drive off. i snicker a little. and jay takes a look at the pamphlet.
     ""Patty Keys, Real Estate Queen." Huh, this is exactly what we need. Once we get a roof over our head, we can start properly training Lloyd, and continue lila's training." he reads
     "Good, 'cause if we know Lord Garmadon, he's not going to be taking any breaks. And let's not forget, the Serpentine are still at large." my brother replies
          Time skip
     Were with the realestate lady now she's brought us to an appartment building that looked a little worse for wear but i dont think we can afford anything else so i guess its not that bad. weve been lead to a single room now and she showing us the "perks".
     "This one-bedroom, one-half-bath is a cozy dream. Who needs extras when everything is in arm's reach? Now, wait until you see the lighting." she says fliping the switch but the bulb flickers then falls out of the scoket. "Uh, who needs lights when you have this view? Heh." she said with a flusterd smile.
     "Uh, why do I smell old people?" lloyd asks and i nudge him with my arm shaking my head.
     "Look, doll. I'm trying to work around your budget. This is all you can afford." she retorted. Calling a kid doll is kinda weird lady.
     "Uh, this looks...promising. Remember, guys, Sensei told us our main objective is to train Lloyd, not kick our feet up in some swanky suite. If this is all we can afford, this is all we can afford." my brother said optimisticly
     "Whoa, whoa, whoa, let's not rush into any decision. I mean, if it's really all about Lloyd, don’t we need to live in some place that'll make training easier?" jay argues
     "Yeah, Jay's right. If we have to get Lloyd ready to save Ninjago from his father, shouldn't he at least have his own room?" kai agrees
     "Technically, that does not matter, he only—" zane trys to speak logicly but kai gently punches him to shut him up.
     "We're only thinking about the children, hehe." jay says akwardly and pats me on the head before i swat his hand away.
     "I do have another property that you'll just love." the realtor lady informed cheerfuly.
     Were at antoher property now, attop a skyscraper. This building is much nicer than the last one but we most certianly cant afford anything in this building.
     "Whoa!" they all exclaim as we walk into the property.
     "Oh, man." jay gakwed
      "Now, this is the eight-bedroom Hero Suite. Floor-to-ceiling windows, digital wall television, state-of-the-art game console..." the lady began to explain.
      "Uh, it seems a little out of our price range." my brother stated and frankly i agreed this place looks pricey.
      "Oh, sure it costs a little more, but you deserve it. I forgot to mention, there's also a Dragon keep on the roof." the lady tries to convince my brother
      "Nice." kai says
      "Maybe we can get a hero discount. After all, we are the ninja who saved the city." jay adds looking around
      "I thought Lord Garmadon saved the city." the reator states. jay huffs.
      "He wouldnt have been abale to do anything with out our help" i inform her.
      "We could get day jobs to pay for the extra expenses." kai points out. I still think this place is too expensive.
      "We always said we could use a little more responsibility." zane adds
      "But we have to train Lloyd, and lila" kai say uncertianly
      "Did I mention the in-house training facility?" the lady chimes in clearly trying to get us to spend money we dont have typical.
      "We'll take it!" the ninja exclaim in unison. I dont think this is going to go well.
            time skip
      The ninja did all get jobs leaving lloyd and a alone in this large appartment all day for basicly the whole week. Jay works for a pizza shop, my brother is a sucrity guard for a bank, zane works at a habtchi place i think i know hes a chef, and kai is a party entertainer. I train in the in house training facility most of the time and lloyd mostly plays video games. lloyd and i were actuly in the training room when the ninja got back from work.
      "Oh..." my brother groans from the couch, i am curently waching lloyd fight a punching bag, dont tell him but hes loosing. He hit it and it knocked him over. "My feet... I can't feel my feet." i peek out of the training room to look at my brother who is curently soaking his feet in an ice bath. Shaking my head i go back into the traing room.
      "There was so many of them. And they wouldn't stop." kai muttered
      "Ugh, my gears locked up several times. I didn't even know my gears could lock up." zane said
      " I don't even have enough energy to play video games." jay chimed in, then i heard a soft thud he must have dramaticly fallen to the floor. Lloyd then walks out to talk to them.
      "Oh, but I thought you were going to train me when you got home." he seems a little disapointed. I decide to join the others in the living room and pat lloyd on the shoulder.
      "Sorry, champ, but we can't until we make rent. How close are we, Jay?" my brother says, hurting my feelings a litle with the nickname he gave lloyd.
      "Huh, is this jar getting bigger?" jay questions shaking said jar. "We're not even close!"
      "And our rent is due tomorrow." zane adds still oiling his joints
      "I can pull a double shift." my brother says
      "you sure, you look like your ready for a nap" i point out
      "And I can do overtime." zane comments, my statment being completly ingored.
      "Maybe, I can sling a few more pizza pies." jay states halfheartedly
      "And maybe I can make a little extra if I do the human piñata." kai mentions, and we all stare at him. "Ugh, don't ask."     
      "Great, then our priorities are set. Tomorrow.. we make rent." my brother states.
      "And uh, what about us?" lloyd questions
      "How about you help out and fetch me some more ice, huh?" my brother replies, and i raise my brow, they realy should have goten the property we could afford. Now they are just to worn out to do their actual job.
            Time skip
      The ninja have gone back out to their jobs leaving me to try showing lloyd the few things ive learned. Weve been alternating back and fourth all day, he'll hold then punching bag for me then i'll hold it for him. Until lloyd decided to play video games and left me to train on my own. I continued to train now focusing on my spinjitzu. After a few more hours i decide to sit on the couch and watch lloyd play the game.
      "your prety good at that game lloyd" i say
      "Thanks " he replies "Whoa. Ha! Haha. Ugh!" he groans and notices a reflection the the tv screen "Wha—?!" I turn around on the couch when i hear a knock on the glass
      "Hello, children." its scales
      "Help, me!" lloyd shouts to the stuipd sucrity system after attempting to get the pascode right.
      "Door is locked." the system informed
      "Ugh, I know! I want it open!" he exclaimed
      "Please!" i shout runing over to him, as skales breaks the window and slithers inside.
      "What do you want with us?" lloyd questioned
      "Im not here for her, just you. You seem to be the only thing your father cares about. But with you in my hostage, he'll have no other choice but to let me lead the Serpentine! Hyah!" Skales replied
      "What i'm not good enough to kidnap, or did it not go to well for you the first time" i sassed, as he cornered us against the door.
      "Aah!" lloyd screamed
      "Let's train." Skales said darkly
      "Hello? What's going on in there?" sensei's voice aked from the other side of the door
      "Help!" lloyd and i shouted. Sensei wu then somehow got the door open and took care of skales having the police take him away. Then had us hide, deciding this would be a good teaching moment for the ninja which i defntly agreed with.
            Time skip
      "Lloyd? Lila?" i heard kai shout from the door.
      "Ther're not here." i hear zane say
      "Oh, we shouldn't have left them." kai laments
      "We shouldn't have taken those jobs in the first place. What were we thinking? Losing Lloyd and my sister was by far our greatest loss." my brother states, as sensei starts walking to them.
      "But it could be your greatest lesson." he says
      "Lloyd! Lila!" the exclaim, as we walk into the living room
      "You're okay!" kai and cole shout, cole walking over to hug me.
      "We wernt going to be, until Nya and Sensei showed up at the last moment. Tho skales wasnt really intrested in lila." lloyd tells them
      "I go away for a day and everything falls apart." nya states
      "I guess you could say we learned we don't need all the fancy stuff. We just need each other." kai replies
      "You want us to help you clean up?" sensei asks
      "Well, we are a team." kai trys to persuade
      "Nya, I think it's time for another road trip." sensei jokes, and i giggle.
      "Hold on, I got a better idea." my brother pipes in. And we decide to get the peoperty we can actuly afford. "It's not much, but this one-bedroom, one-half-bath is a cozy dream. Who needs extras when everything is in arm's reach?" he copys what the relator orignaly said. The ninja start setting things down and lloyd bumps into jay making him drop a box on kai's foot.
      "Hey!" jay shouts
      "Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow, ow!" kai exclaims holding his foot.
      "Ha, feels like home to me. Hey, at least we get to stay in Ninjago City for a little while." jay says
      "And now without the distractions, we can put all of our energy into training Lloyd, and lila." zane adds helping lloyd with the chai hes carying.
      "Who’s there?" lloyd asks
      "I know the Serpentine Generals got away, but you never told us: whatever happened to Skales?" kai asked sensei
      "Oh, he found a home, too. But it’s not quite as roomy as here." sensei answers cheekly.

      word count 2155