Family Reunion

.... lila ....
    The snakes have lloyd and i in chains. they took us with them to find the next fang blade. we were in some old tomb in the middle of the desert. we were at the back of the group when Skales shouted at the snakes holding us.
    "bring the prisoners" the snakes bring us to the front of the group and take off the chains.
    "Oh your letting us go" lloyd was hopeful, i wasnt.
    "what do you want us to do Pythor" i got straight to the point.
    "fetch something for me kids. Do step lightly." he starts pushing us towards the ledge. lloyd starts to slip so i quickly grab his arm.
    "i got you come on" pythor then swipes his tail on the gound messing with my footing making me almos drop lloyd.
    "Bring me the Fangblade, and I'll let you to go." pythor pushes us over onto the ledge we make our way through all the traps. once we get to the chamber lloyd and i notice the fang blade is missing.
    "It's gone!" lloyds voice echocs through the tomb.
    "It's gone!?" pythor was prety upset which is a good thing in our eyes. lloyd then asked
    "Do we still get to be freed?" and pythor obviously wasnt going to let that happen.
    "No!"he said then lloyed groaned
    "Ugh!"
    "what did you really think he was going to let us free either way. we're his leverage if something with the ninja goes wrong." i pointed out
    "Yeah but i was hoping"he sighed
    "i know" we crawled back out of the tunnel to where the snakes were and ended back in chains.
                           .... cole ....
    We were all on the bridige looking at a picture of a fangblade. discussing what to do.
    "They got the first one, but there are three more, and we just need one to stop Pythor. They have a map, and we don't, so they question remains: how are we gonna find them first?" nya questioned
    "I still can't get over the fact that you were the mysterious Samurai. Is anyone else blown away like I am?" jay was still fawning over nya
    "We're over that. Can we move on?" kai clearly doesnt enjoy jay fawing over nya verry much or hes just grumpy.
    "Someone's a little hot under the collar." jay points out.
    "It appears his impatience is because he has not found inner peace and unlocked his full potential like you and I have, Jay." Zane jokes
    "Great observation, Mr. Roboto, but Cole hasn't found it either." kai is pret grumpy but i was more focused on where ive seen the fang blade before.
    "Igot it!" i shout.
    "You've unlocked it? Oh, why am I the only one!?" kai whines.
    "No, I figured out where I recognized the Fangblade from. I have a picture of it." i run out of the room and come back with a book of photos
    "Oh, haha, is that it? Heh. Good." kai covers up his outburst. i open the book and flip throught the photos till i find the one i want.
    "I got it!" i show them the photo
    "That's it!" jas says
    "Back where lila and I grew up, there's this pretty big competition where every year the winner gets the Blade Cup. Our dad's won it multiple times." i miss my little sister.
    "You never told us your dad was an accomplished athlete. What sport?" Zane questions.
    "Oh, h-he's a, uh...a blacksmith." i say embarsed
    "Nothing wrong with that. My father was a blacksmith, too. But I've never heard of a competition—" kai adds in then i cut him off.
    "That's because he's not a "blacksmith" blacksmith. He's a...Royal Blacksmith." i turn the page to show them a picture of my dad. and they all snicker.
    "That's your dad?" jay asks rehitoricly
    "But how did the Fangblade become a trophy?" kai wonders.
    "Well, supposedly, the Blade Cup was made by this guy who collected priceless artifacts. His name was something like, uh, Dutch...no, Clutch. Clutch Powers! Anyway, it gets passed on to each year's winner." i inform them.
    "Who has it now?" Zane queried
    "I don't know. I haven't talked to my father in years." i stated.
    "Well then, we'll call him up." kai replied
    "You can't! He thinks I'm in Ninjago City training at the Marty Oppenheimer School of Performing Arts along with lila." i groan "He wanted me to follow in his footsteps. But when I couldn't sing or dance, well I...I ran away. When he sees I can't dance, he'll know I've been lying in all the letters I've been sending him. And hed defintly take lila back against her will" i expressed
    "He doesn't know you're a ninja?" zane inquired
    "What? You gonna crack some joke that my old man wears a tutu?" i accused
    "No, but if we're going to have any chance at getting that Fangblade before they do, we better get our own act in tune." kai stated.
                          time skip
    we arived at my old home so the four of us jump off the bounty using our vheciles to safely land in front of my house.
    "Alright, hand them over." i demand talking about the golden wepons.
    "Ah-uh. But no mortal shall possess all four." jay jokes befor putting his nunchucks in the case i was holding.
    "Very funny." i state.
    " You wanna remind me again why we can't keep our weapons? " kai questions while handing me his wepon along with zane.
    "I told you, my dad can't find out I'm a ninja. And I don't feel like making up excuses why I'm carrying a giant scythe around with me. Just remember the plan: we find out who has the Fangblade trophy, we snatch it, and then we get the heck out of town. And if he asks about lila shes back at the school ok. I dont want him worying about her."  i state to all of them, then knock on the door hearing my father shout.
    "Just a moment." my dad opens the door
    "Hey, dad. How long has it been?" i smile akwardly
    "What? You too good for the doorbell?" he states before slaming the door.
    "Uh..." i stand there untill he speaks from the othet side of the door.
    "Use the bell, son" i push the bell and it plays my dad and his quartet singing the word welcome. then my dad opens the door back up.
    "Haha. Come on in, son. It's been forever. What did you bring? A quartet? Come in, come in. I've got a kettle of lemon honey tea on the stove right now." he ushers us inside. "Now wheres your sister you should have brought her to visit."
    "Shes back at the school studing dad"i lie
    "Ah well good. Did my son tell you I broke my foot? It was the cha-cha but I swear the percussionist had it in for me."
    "No, dad. I didn't tell them about your silly stories." my dad is always telling his stories.
    "Silly stories?" he asked
    "Oh, what he meant was, we've been busy training at the...uh..." kai tried to recover from what i said.
        "Uh, the Martha Oppenheimer. Yeah." jay jumped in to help but got the name wrong crap.
        "Martha Oppenheimer?" my dad questions
        "What he's trying to say is the Marty Oppenheimer School of Performing Arts." Zane jumps in helping us recover from that slip up.
        "Right! Well, um, see, we have this final research paper we're doing on the history of Ninjago talent, and what we really wanted to know was how can we get our hands on the Blade Cup?" i change the subject.
        "You're talking about getting your hands on the Blade Cup? The most prized and heavily guarded award in all of Ninjago, the symbol of excellence in harmony and grace? You can't just get it, you have to earn it. You have to exhibit style. Perfect pitch. Push the boundaries of artistic license and win this year's Ninjago Talent Show!"  dad emphasizes the preforming bits of his speach. "Is this why you came? You knew I was injured and when my quartet insisted we shan't go on, you four have come to take our place! Haha, ingenious! My son, bringing forth the next evolution of the Royal Blacksmiths! Let me hear the sweet, sweet sound of harmony." my dad was getting carried away. but the guys did what he asked
        "harmony..." jay starts singing terribly, then kai and zane join him
        "harmony..." i groan and my dad cringes they are not singers.
        "Look, dad. We just need the trophy." i walk over to him.
        "Yeah, we're bringing home the gold and-and we want you to train us." kai jumps in.
        "I've never been more proud. If you'll excuse me, I need to write a song about my feelings." my dad is getting all emotional then he left the room.
        "What are you doing?" i question kai
        "Look, we enter this competition so we can get close enough to the Blade Cup. Once we get the Fangblade, we leave town. How hard can this be?" kai answers
                      short time skip
        "Okay, from the op. Five, six, seven, eight." my dad is playing the piano and instructing us on how to dance. i cant believe the ninja came up with this idea.  we started singing along to the piano.
        "Bop till you drop." kai was first.
        "Shake it till you break it." then jay.
        "Move it till you lose it." zane was next
        "Spin it till you win it." i was last.
        "Stop, stop. Ugh. If my ears weren't attached to my head, they'd be running away! Kai, love the energy, hate the hair." my dad started to criticize us and wacked kai on the head with his cane.
        "Aah!" kai cried
        "Jay, you're giving a lot, but I need more. Zane, you're like a machine. Don't change anything. And Cole, try to act like you wanna be here." my father continues.
        "He's worse than Sensei Wu." jay wispers to us.
        "Okay, moving forward. Let's take a look at the big show-stopping climax. Cole, we can't have history repeating itself." my father had to bring that up didnt he.
        "Dad, it was the Triple Tiger Sashay. I was seven." i lamented
        "What's the Triple Tiger Sashay?" kai inquired.
        "Only the most difficult dance move ever created." i answered.
        "It's true. Many professionals have dare tried, but it's never been successfully completed." my father added.
        "Hence, my father thought a seven year-old could. But I ended up falling on my face, humiliating myself, and letting my quartet down." i retorted
        "Your sister went through the same failure too. If you're going to win, you have to go big! Alright, time for a break. Take five." my dad leaves the room.
        "Uh, I'm starting to see why Cole is so closed off. It's cause twinkle-toes here couldn't deliver the goods. Is that why you ran away?" jay starts to run his mouth.
        "Oh, I could deliver the goods—look. I'll deal with my father, but let's stick with the plan. All we have to do is keep this charade long enough until we can get our hands on the trophy." i state.
        "I don't know. I'm starting to think we can win this thing." i give jay a look "Okay, okay. We'll stick to the plan."
                            .... lila ....
        The snakes brought us back to their hide out after the failed expedition. we ended up sleeping for a while before the snakes woke us up talking about their plan to steal the blade cup. After they left there wasnt anything else to do so i decided to meditate again while lloyd moped about his lack of freedom. i was hoping this time i would be able to focus hard enough on the vision that i would also be able to hear what was happening along with seeing everything. i let lloyd know not to bug me unless its important then i sit down and close my eyes.
        I focus on thoughts of the ninja, on thoughts of my brother and a fuzzy picture starts to form. Its my brother and the other ninja. they are dressed in show outfits and practing a dance routeen. At the last step the do a flutter kick and jay and kai bump into eachother. jay must have been off beat. As the picture gets clearer i start to hear what my brother is saying to them.
        "-harder than it needs to be. We just stick to the plan and keep up the charade until the trophy's revealed. Once we steal the Blade Cup, we can argue all we want once we get back home." he probably doesnt like being back home. I miss our dad even with what he put us through ha still loves us. Right now i need to focus on my vision. jay was talking now.
        "But this is your hometown, Cole. Don't you want to try and win it?" jay is right they should try and win but in their own way.
        "ugh, they only dance step I wanna perform is called "get-me-out-of-this-nuthouse-and-let's-burn-these-memories-from-my-head."" cole, thats sad. even if there not the greates memories ist still time spent with your friend you should cherish them. then our dad walks into the vision looking sad. He heard everything cole said.
        "What?"
        "Dad, I..." cole goes to defend himslef but doesnt. im glad i can actuly hear the things in this vision.
        "You...you were going to steal it?" our dad sounded very dissapointed.
        cole sighs "Dad, I didn't mean for you to hear that, but-but I'm glad you did. There's something I've been wanting to tell you. All these years, I haven't been training to be a singer or a dancer. I found something new that I'm really good at. Dad... "  cole uses his spinjitzu to change into his gi. "I'm a ninja, so is lila. And the truth is, if we don't steal that Fangblade—I mean, Blade Cup—there's other people that will. Bad people. Serpentine. And we need it to save the world. I know how ridiculous this sounds, but I'm proud of who I am, and I want you to be proud of me, too."
        "I can't be proud of any son who thinks stealing is right. If this is what your teaching your sister im going to bring her straight back home. And I'm not gonna wait around to watch you make a mockery of our family's legacy." my dad was verry upset. i can't belive cole, he went and spilled my secret along with his now im never going to get to stay with the ninja.
        "Dad, I—" cole trys to speak with our dad byt he just walks away.
        " I'm sure he didn't mean that." kai goes to comfort cole. i wish i was there with them and not traped with these stupid snakes. i should be there for my brother.
        "Maybe if he saw you in action." jay adds.
        " No, it's-it's okay." cole is upset now too. it will be ok i believe in you even if our father wont. the visont shifts slightly and i see a group of serpentine in some poorly made disguises walk out of a labeled dressing room then cole spoke. ""Treble Makers?""
        "Wait a minute. What are they doing here?" jay piped in. then i heard another voice.
        "I can't help it if I offend anyone. My only job will be to tell the truth." its pythor, of course he must have taken place of one of the judges to rig the scores. the judges talk for a bit then i see the blade cup brought out. the vision paned back over to the ninja.
        "It looks like we're not the only ones planning to steal the Blade Cup. Pythor's here." kai was talking
        "This complicates things." then zane joined in.
        "Then I say we make our move. We can't risk losing out again. I say we steal it." and jay.
        "We're not gonna steal it. We're gonna win this competition, but we're gonna do it our way." last to speak was cole. im proud of his decision. then the competition started thankfully i didnt have to witness all of it my vision. i did have to witness the snakes verry poor singing the y scared an almost perfect score only becaues pythor bullied the judges.
        They were on the last act now. Its the ninja the announcer said there name was spin harmony which im totaly going to tease them about later. the ninja were back stage talking.
        "If we're gonna do this, I want everyone to see who we are." cole is clearly in a better mood now.
        "I have butterflies in my stomach." how is that even possible for zane hes a nindroid.
        "Aww, come on. That's just nerves." jay stated.
        "No, I really do have butterflies." zane poped open his chest panel and three butterflies flew out. i guess thats how a nindroid can have butterflies in his stoumach.
        "Okay, uh, glad he got that out of his system." jay seemed a little weirded out. the anoucer caled their group name on last time but they were too busy talking to pay any attention. They eventuly got out on stage cutting it very close. They start doing their ninja thing and the snakes beagn atacking them as the weekend whip played in the background. As they fought cole preformed a perfect excution of the triple tiger sashay on three of the serpentien. the whole crowd cheers and they get a perfect score thanks to the undigested judge in pythors stoumach. After winning the cup i notice cole looking around and i notice hes looking for our father whos seat is completly empty. The other ninja were celabrating.
        " I've never felt more alive." Zane exclaimed.
        "Hahaha! We did it!" jay added
        "No, Cole did it. Because of you, Ninjago will sleep safely tonight." kai stated. hes right this was all because of cole.
        "Thanks, but go on and celebrate without me. Winning this doesn't feel the same without my dad being able to—" cole got cut off and i noticed our father was behind him.
        "Cole!" our dad shouts.
        "Dad?" cole questioned.
        "I saw it all, son. I saw it all." our dad huged cole.
        "You saw me dance?" cole asked.
        "More importantly, I saw you fight. Those Serpentine were up to no good, trying to steal the show, and I saw you stand up for what is right. I was wrong. I shouldn't have pushed you so hard to follow in my footsteps. Everyone is born with a special talent inside that's just been waiting to get out. And you were born to be a ninja. I hope your sister turns out as great as you. You better keep her safe you hear me" our dad is amazing.
        "You're not mad?" cole sounded suprised.
        "How can I be? My son's a hero!" our dad stated. then pythor slithered into my vison.
        "Eh, sorry to interrupt your little family reunion, but did you know," he rips off the fake beard "it's me, Pythor."
        "You couldn't fool us, Pythor." cole said.
        "I didn't want to miss our big show stopper." pythor then gives a signal to two Constrictai and they push a creat off the catwalk and it knocks down several stage lights down to where our father was standing.
        "Dad!" cole shouts then jumps in after our father. the lights then crash down ontop of my two surviving family members. no they cant die, id be alone if they die. then the pile of rubble beagn to glow and move. soon i could see cole lifting the debri and our father behind him. they were both ok im so relieved. The vision was starting to fade out now and my head was throbing again.
        When i opend my eyes lloyd was leaning against me compeltly passed out so i decided to join him. I leaned against him like he was doing to me and i close my eyes again slowly falling asleep.

word coutnt 3,389