Snakes?

.....Lila.....

It's been almost a year since I ran away from home. The ninja we're supposed to be training right now. Sensei had told them to teach me a few things since he had ran out of stuff to teach me. They decided instead to play video games and told me not to tell wu. They were being loud enough on their own I figured even if I didn't tell sensei would find out. I honestly thought living with my brother would be more fun. He tends to ignore me to hang out with the other ninja which resulted in my close bond with Nya. When ever the ninja had a mission Nya and I would work on her cool mech suit. I didn't do much but I had fun either was. I was pulled out of my thoughts when Nya came running into the monastery. She was saying something about garmadon in jumaci village. Then she took off to find the boys. I jumped up from my place on the monastery steps and followed her. They hadn't seen garmadon since he vanished through a vortex. I was hoping today would go by without any problems. I really just wanted to hang out with my brother. You see it was actually my tenth birthday and the only people who had wished me happy birthday were sensei and Nya. I had been hinting to my brother that my birthday was coming up but her paid no mind. Just as I got to the door of the living room the ninja came running out. I had to quickly jump out of the way or they would've knocked me no my but. After I collected my self I sprinted off following them to the dragon stables. I got there just as Cole hopped on his dragon Rocky. I was hoping that I would be allowed to go with them this time. I was almost always bored while they were gone. I was begging with my brother when the ninja decided to start taking off. Walking over to where Nya and Wu were standing I decided to as Nya if she wanted to run the training course with me while the boys were gone.

Time skip

I was sitting on the steps of the monastery while Nya tried to beat her brothers speed record. I was taking a break and Icing my ankle, I had sprained it a little earlier while running the course. I had herd the stable doors close some time ago but the ninja hadn't come through the door yet. I decided to go and look for them, I got up and hobbled over to the door. just before I opened it I over herd some of the ninjas conversation. What in ninjago was a green ninja. Dismissing the thought I opened the door right as the boys went to and let them in. When they stepped through the opening I herd a thump from behind me. I turned around to find Nya laying on the ground. She must've face planted one of the spinning axes. I watched as jay then went over to ask if she was ok. He helped her up and they started talking about what had happened in jumaci village. She had told me earlier that it wasn't actually garmadon attacking the village. It was his son Lloyd playing a prank. Then Kai joined the conversation asking to use the training space and Nya decided to go visit jumaci village. I decided to stay and watch them spar. I sat back down on the steps because my ankle had started to hurt again. The boys then paired up and my brother spoke up " two matches then the winners of each face off for the title" I assumed they meant the green ninja thing they were talking about earlier. They then paired up Kai and jay for the first match and Cole and Zane for the second. Cole officiated the first match. Kai and jay both took fighting stances each with their golden weapon in hand. As soon as Cole said go Kai and jay went at each other making my brother go dizzy. They had swapped sides now Kai on the left and jay on the right. Jay was charging up his nunchucks and ended up zapping himself. Kai then flipped over jay landing behind him to strike with his sword. Jay parried with his nunchucks and swiped at Kai. They went back and forth a few times before Kai started running on the side of the wall still trying to land a blow on jay. Kai then jumped down to strike but jay backflipped and started to charge his nunchucks yet again. Before he could get them charged Kai used his sword to shoot a small fire ball at jays chest winning the match. As victor Kai officiated Cole and Zane's match. Starting off the match Cole and Zane brought out their weapons and began to spin and swing them around. Cole made the first move using his scythe to swipe at Zane who quickly jumped out of the way, landing in the spot Cole had been moments before. Cole then continued to strike Zane who blocked his every blow. Zane then flipped over Cole landing behind my brother and took out one of his Shurikens concentrating before he threw it at my brother. It landed right at my brothers feet and started to form ice effectively stopping my brother from moving anywhere. Zane then proceeded to attack my brother who defended himself in various uncomfortable looking positions. Cole then used his scythe to trip zane, as Zane went to get up Cole put the scythe to his through winning the match. Now it was Kai against Cole. They immediately went after one another blow after blow. When Cole backflipped and used his scythe to create a small earthquake making Kai lose his balance. Kai getting angry tried to use his sword when things started getting out of control. I blinked for one second and the next thing I know is the monastery is on fire. Kai is panicking so are jay and Zane. Cole is trying to put it out with his scythe like a dummy. Just then wu come out and used the Shurikens to make a light dusting of snow dousing the fire. Sensei then turns to the ninja and yelled "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!" to which jay answered "we were trying to figure out who the green ninja was" then wu went down a rabbit hole talking about true potential and such.

Small Time skip

Wu was looking at the spirit smoke in the mediation room. I was in there with him he ad taught me how to mediate, I did it quite often. I don't know why but when ever I meditated I felt mor like myself, more...balanced. Hearing a loud gasp I look up to see wu running out of the room. I got up to follow him but only caught the end of what he told the ninja something about released. The ninja took off to the stables and headed for what I could only assume was jumaci village. Turning to sensei I asked what was happening. He told me that he had seen the serpentine had returned and that we should also head to the village. We got there just as the battle had ended and the boys started realizing their mistakes. I had a bad feeling that the snakes would be back for their staff. After we got back to the monastery Cole pulled me aside and brought out a small brown package and handed it to me. As I carefully opened the package I noticed a faint purple glow and pulled out small Purple Heart shaped locket. Looking up at Cole I hugged him and asked "where did you get it?" He then told me that it was our mother's, he had sent a letter to our father asking if he could give me the locket and our father had sent it to him. There was something special about the necklace but I was happy that my brother had actually remembered my birthday and I had something from mom.

1374 words