Redecorating the Camp Grounds

I walked out of the Big House and was immediately tackled in a hug. My mind was racing on how Nico would take the news that I didn't even realize who it was until he spoke.

     "You're back!" Justin unwrapped his arms from around me. He took a look at my expression. "Yikes, that bad?"

     I nodded. "We lost two."

    "I'm so sorry," he held my hand. "I'm glad you're okay."

      I smiled. "What's up with Clarisse?"

     His smile dropped. "I promised I wouldn't tell anyone."

    "Even me?"

     His smile came back and he rolled his eyes. "Oh don't do that."

     "Do what?"

     "Those puppy eyes, you're gonna make me give in."

    "I don't know what you're talking about," I laughed.

     My smile faded when I heard screams coming from where Nico and Percy had walked off. My head snapped in their direction and didn't even wait to see if Annabeth and Grover were behind me.

    "Run, Nico!" I heard Percy yell. "Get help!"

     I ran faster, following Nico's voice. He was yelling and he sounded distressed. I imagined he had gotten the news already.

    "No!" Nico shouted louder. "Go away!"

     Finally, I spotted them. Percy was desperately trying to keep the skeletal warriors at bay. I didn't know how they had found him or how they had even entered the camp's borders.

     The ground began to shake. The   skeletons froze. Percy rolled out of the way just as a crack opened at the feet of the four warriors. The ground ripped apart like a snapping mouth. Flames erupted from the fissure, and the earth swallowed the skeletons in one loud CRUNCH!

    Silence.

    The only evidence that anyone had ever stood their was the twenty foot long scar that cracked the marble floors of the pavilion. Percy and I stared at Nico in awe.

    "How did you—" My brother stammered.

     "Go away!" he yelled. "I hate you! I wish you were dead!"

    Nico ran off into the woods, Percy trued following him but tripped on the steps. I ran to his side.

    He picked up the stone he had slipped on, only it wasn't a stone. It was a Mythomagic figurine. Percy turned it over in his hand.

    "Bianca wanted me to give it to him," he said. "It was the only one he didn't have."

    I stared at and realized why it was bothering him so much. "Hades."

    Percy stared at me, not saying anything. His silence was enough to confirm.

    Annabeth and Grover helped us search in the woods for hours, but no sign of Nico.

   "We have to tell Chiron," Annabeth said, out of breath.

   "No," Percy said.

    We all turned to him.

    "Um," Grover said nervously, "what do you mean... no?

    Percy shook his head. "We can't let anyone know. I don't think anyone realizes that Nico is a—"

   "A son of Hades," Annabeth finished. "Percy, do you have any idea how serious this is? Even Hades broke the oath! This is horrible!"

    "I don't think so," Percy said. "I don't think Hades broke the oath."