BONUS CHAPTER

(This takes place directly before Percy and Cassidy go back to their apartment in the city)

-

     "Shit!" I heard a loud thud from the Hermes cabin and stepped inside.

     "Hello?" I called, it was seemingly empty until out of the corner I could see someone crouched on the floor.

     "Cassidy!" Connor jumped up and tackled me in a hug.

     I stumbled back from the force of him hugging me. "Hey, loser. What was that noise?"

     He blinked. "My shirt fell."

    "Your shirt?" It was a pretty loud thud, something heavy.

    "I might've been wearing it when it fell," he added.

      I rolled my eyes. "You idiot."

      "Oh!" His face lit up all of a sudden and he took a step back. "I almost forgot. Now guys!"

      "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" From behind the bunks, my friends emerged. Travis, Justin, Silena, Beckendorf, Grover, Percy, and Annabeth.

      "I hate y'all," I tried hiding my red face in my hands. "I told you not to make a big deal about it."

     "Yes but the smile on your face is saying otherwise," Travis mocked, while picking me up in a hug.

     Everyone else lined up to hug me and we all sat on the floor of Cabin Eleven, eating cake.

     After a while of laughing and eating, Travis got up and announced, "Present time!"

      I couldn't believe they had gone through this trouble. I appreciated it, I just wasn't used to it.

     "I'll go first," Beckendorf announced. He reached into the trunk under Travis' mess of a bed and pulled out a small rectangular box.

     He handed it to me, eagerly waiting my reaction. I snapped open the box and grabbed what was inside.

     "Glasses?" I half laughed. I had given up on wearing them. Keeping my glasses intact was not exactly a priority when fighting for my life.

     "Celestial bronze glasses," Beckendorf corrected. "Try them on."

     I did. They were my perfect prescription, they didn't slide off my nose, and it didn't give me a headache like my other pairs had.

    "They're perfect," I smiled. "Thanks."

    "There's also contacts in there," Travis pointed. "But we figured you'd want to cover up as much of your ugly face as possible."

     Everyone in the room laughed and I stuck my tongue out at him.

     Travis nudged Percy, insinuating he should go next. Percy stood empty handed. "Sorry Cassie, my gift's at home."

     The fact that he had called it home and not "my house" was enough of a present for me but I nodded anyway.

     "Annabeth!" Our small group cheered her on.

     She stood up dramatically. "I hold in my hand the lamest gift of all time because I was halfway to Hades when it was your actual birthday."

     She unclenched her fist and there in her palm lay a guitar pick with the letters CAMM.

     "Stoll," I said. "Who told Annabeth my full name."

      "Relax, Castle on a Hill," Connor said. "I just told her your initials."

       I kissed Annabeth on the cheek. "It's not lame, I love it. Just one problem, I don't have a guitar."