Hot Ride, Even Hotter Driver

The Hunters packed up camp almost as quickly as they'd set it up. The sun was about to rise, Artemis assured we would see Apollo's sun chariot coming.

      Still, the mountain was even colder than before, even I had chills. Percy noticed and shed one if his jackets and draped it over me, despite his chattering teeth.

     Grover and Thalia walked up to us and we filled them in on what had happened. Thalia looked even more upset now.

     "The Hunters are coming back to camp with us," Percy concluded.

     Grover's face was drained of color. "The last time the Hunters visited camp, it didn't go well."

     "How'd they even show up here?" Percy asked. "I mean, they just appeared out of nowhere."

     "And Bianca joined them," Thalia sounded bothered by that. "It's all Zoe's fault. That stuck-up, no good-"

    "Who can blame her?" Grover cut off Thalia's list of insults. "Eternity with Artemis?" He sighed dreamily.

     Thalia rolled her eyes. "You satyrs. You're all in love with Artemis. Don't you get that she'll never love you back?"

      It's true, Artemis is a maiden goddess. Her cabin at camp was merely honorary.

     "But she's so... into nature," Grover swooned.

     "You're nuts," I told him.

     "Nuts and berries," Grover said dreamily. "Yeah."

      Percy approached Artemis leaving us to snap Grover out of his nature fantasy.

      Thalia looked over to where the di Angelos sat. "I wonder how he's taking it."

     I glanced their way. Nico's face had been completely drained of all the energy and happiness from before. He looked like he was going to be sick. For a moment, I understood Percy's disapproval of Bianca's decision.

     "He'll be okay," I said, not really believing it myself.

     A sudden burst of light hit the mountain and I saw the Hunters look away. We all followed them and waited for the extreme light flash to die down. I could feel the heat intensify and I suddenly felt claustrophobic in a sweater. When it died down, we approached the car that had parked itself in the snow.

     I had expected an old-style Greek chariot, not a bright red Maserati. Percy's mouth gaped open at the sight of the convertible.

     "You got a little drool there," I teased him.

     He simply rolled his eyes and closed his mouth. He wiped at his face to make sure he didn't actually have drool.

      The driver got out and it was Thalia's turn to be shocked. I couldn't blame her, the guy was extremely attractive.

      He looked maybe seventeen, has sandy hair swept to one side as he flashed a beautiful bright smile. He wore a sleeveless tee that showed off his bronze skin and muscles. He looked real easy going and playful.

     Percy lightly shoved me. "You got a little drool there," He said, mocking me.

     "Oh shut up," I said. He laughed at me and I felt my face tinge with a pink hue.

     "Wow," Thalia spoke what I was thinking. "Apollo's hot."

     "Well, he's the sun god," Percy said, matter-of-a-factly.

    "That's not what I meant."

     "Little sister!" Apollo extended his arms. "What's up? You never call. You never write. I was getting worried!"