Flames Look Even Better on a Rainbow Screen

"You've already got Ares on your bad side," Thalia reminded Percy as we made our way across the campus. "You need another immortal enemy?"

     Percy looked at his shoes, looking sorry.

    "I'll take Cabins 6 through 12," I told him.

     "Okay," Percy nodded.

     I said goodbye to Thalia and made my way to Cabin Eleven.

     Hermes cabin was probably the only one that looked like an actual camp cabin. It was never empty, even in the winter time, because that's where all the unclaimed kids stay. The door was open as usual and I stepped inside.

    Connor had his back towards the door so I crept up behind him. It was almost impossible to sneak up on a Hermes kid, they were always anticipating pranks, so he sensed me before I could get any closer.

    "Try it," he said, without turning around. "I dare you."

    "Fine, I will," I said. His shoulders relaxed at the sound of my voice and he turned around.

   "Cassafras!" He hugged me. "When'd you get here."

    "A couple hours ago," I said. "The Hunters are here."

     Connor's frowned. "Capture the flag?"

    I nodded.

    "That should be fun," Travis walked into the cabin and I gave him a hug, too.

     "Tell the rest of your cabin for me?" I began walking out the door.

     "It'll be ten dollars per camper we deliver the message to," Travis said.

     "In your dreams," I walked out of the cabin, entering the rest to see if any campers were inside and told them to prepare for the game tomorrow, if you could even call it a game.

     Here at camp, we played it as if it were a war. Our cabins were split into two groups, we would gear up in armor if we wanted to, using our favorite weapon to either fight or sneak our way to the other team's flag. The Apollo cabin had to work extra the night of capture the flag because of all the injuries. Of course, if you killed someone there would be consequences. You wouldn't have dessert for two weeks.

     All the campers were excited about the game, all itching to beat the Hunters. Apparently, no one in camp got along well with them.

    My last stop was Annabeth's cabin. I dreaded going in there, in fear they'd ask about her. Thankfully, no Athena campers were there, no year rounders, so I headed to Cabin three. The Poseidon cabin.

     Percy and I were the only children of Poseidon, so we pretty much had the cabin to ourselves. I walked in and he was examining the shield Tyson had built for him in the summer. It was badly damaged from our encounter with Dr. Thorn.

     "Beckendorf could probably fix it," I said.

     He turned to look at me. "Probably?"

     "He can definitely fix it."

     Beckendorf was the best blacksmith at camp, if he couldn't fix it, no one could.

    "What's the noise?" Percy asked.

     I shrugged and followed his gaze to the back of the cabin. There was a fountain there, with a fish made of stone spitting out water. The water was definitely ocean water. Something glimmered at the bottom of it.

    "Drachmas?" I asked Percy.

    "To keep in touch, I guess," he said. "Thanks, Dad."

     I wasn't in the mood to thank someone who had never reached out to me and decided to leave a present for me to "keep in touch." The irony was almost painful.