All Winter, No Wonderland

We climbed out of the lake and into the docks, shaking the water off of our bodies. Light snow covered Camp Half Blood, enough to have a fun snow day without it becoming a full blizzard. Balls of fires lined up on the brim of cabin rooftops, giving it a holiday feel. Camp wouldn't be as full as in the summer, only a handful of campers stayed year round.

     "I'm gonna go look for someone," I told Percy.

     He nodded. "Meet us at the Big House."

    I put two fingers to my head and jokingly saluted him. "You got it."

       I walked up to a couple of Ares campers who were crouched down and throwing snowballs at the wood nymphs. The nymphs had a huge advantage, being able to literally blend in with trees.

     I leaned over to one camper specifically and covered his eyes with my hands. He tensed up and pull my hands from his face. He turned around and his face lit up.

    "Cassidy!"

     Justin jumped up and hugged me tightly. "What are you doing here? I thought you moved in with Percy?"

     "I did," I said. "We're back on a mission. Two new half-bloods."

     "No way."

     "Yes way."

     One of the wood nymphs took Justin's distraction to her advantaged and chucked a snowball at him.

    I laughed at his angry face. "Hey, we'll talk later, I have to head to the Big House."

    I was already walking away when he called out, "Wait!"

    I turned around and snow hit me directly in my face. I wiped it out of my eyes just to see Justin laughing hysterically.

     I instinctively stretched my arm outwards and the snow responded to my command. It lifted from the floor and swirled around Justin, slamming into him with force. I gasped.

     "Holy Hera, Cas," He was now completely covered in snow.

     "Sorry," I walked over to him and stood on my tippy toes to dust the snow off of his soft brown hair.

     "You learned to control it?" He asked. Justin was one of the few people that new about my curse.

     "No," I said. "I have random outbursts that don't seem to cause too much harm, but that's about it."

     He nodded.

    I said goodbye again and made my way towards the Big House. I passed Connor and Travis on my way. I didn't stop to say hello because they seemed to be trying to break into the camp store and I wasn't going to break their concentration.

     I walked into the Big House where Thalia, Grover, Percy, and Nico were all talking to Chiron and Mr. D.

    "The Hunters, eh?" Chiron was saying. "I see we have much to talk about."

    He glanced at Nico. "Grover, perhaps you should take our young friend to the den and show him our orientation film."

    "But... Oh, right. Yes, sir."

    "Orientation film?" Nico asked. "Is it G or PG? 'Cause Bianca is kinda strict-"

    "It's PG-13," Grover interrupted.

    "Cool!" Nico gladly walked past me, following Grover to the amphitheater.

    "We have an orientation film?" I asked, walking in.

    "Cassidy, my dear," Chiron smiled. "I'm glad your safe. Sit."

     I took a seat in between Thalia and Percy.

    "Now," Chiron said, "perhaps you three should sit down and tell us the whole story."