CHAPTER : 4

(AUTHOR,S POV)

ABOUT MR.JOE

Amy and Annie,s new dad, Mr.joe is a school teacher. After his wife,s death, his only family was Alex. When Alex turned 10, he did a variety of part time jobs in order to make a living. He even borrowed  huge money from moneylenders. Atlast he fell in a debt trap.

Mom: my dear plums..wakeup it,s morning already...

Am: uh...can we sleep a bit more??

Mom: not at all

Am: why

Mom: cause today your dad is cooking food...let me tell you mr.joe is really good at cooking.

An: uh...who??

Mom: I can,t call you guys again...see your brother has already gotten ready and started doing his own work...

Am: mom, he never smiles..what he do all day is ignore us

Mom: my child..he is younger than you all.it takes time for him to adjust to a new place.make sure you guys soon become friends with him.

(At breakfast)

Joe: oh..my sweet daughters. Good morning. Have your seat. The food will be served in 10 mins

(Meanwhile Amy in her phone)

Am: Annie, look don,t you think he looks so handsome...I can,t explain his smile is so good..

An: oh is he...

Am: (smiling)

An: why are you smiling?

Am: it,s just so

Joe: here is the food

Am:  dad..don't you think he looks so good.

Joe: oh he is...his smile is good..his looks are good to attract girls

Am:oh..I know dad and I have similar taste.

Joe: but..I believe " don't judge a book by its cover"...well isn't he the same guy whom you talked like a chatterbox on the wedding..

An: is he ..I didn't noticed that (grins)

Am: of course you will not...he is my friend..and uh..it,s been a while since I met him.

An: don't change the topic..you like him is it??

Am: no..well..I mean he looks so good..I just said the fact only.

Mom: (laughs) you always says the fact...umm Alex why are you so quiet??

Alex: nothing

Mom: after eating breakfast you can play with your sisters. They are really good at playing hide-and-seek.

Alex: really

Mom: not only that both of them are really good at telling stories...you can hear a lot of stories from them.

Alex: oh is it. Then it is good to have sisters.

(Everyone laughs)

(Outside)

Alex: umm..ok.i would start counting..you guys can hide on.

An: ok then

Alex: ok 1,2,3...20...here I am..

(Annie is good at hiding than Amy so she decided to hide in the basement
She knows that nobody can come there )

An: why it,s so dust here??
Doesn't,mom always come here...(Chocks)

A box..I have not seen it before..

(On top of the box it is written mr.jake
Mr.jake was Annie,s real dad. He died due to a heart disease)

She decided to open the box.

The box contains books he used to read, his old dresses and items he used before. For a moment, Annie,s eyes filled with tears. She hold an old photo of his father close to his chest.

After wiping the tears she found a letter beneath the box with a photo attached to it..

The letter was around six years old..

Ummm..who is he....

(Authors pov)

Annie found a letter with a photo attached to it.. the strange thing is that it was a letter sent to her dad 6 years back..at the end of the letter it is written that

" Thank you mr.jake, your action has helped my family from death. I am really obliged to you..whatever may happens from now on I would repay for your kind act".