CHAPTER : 5

An: repay for your kind act...
(She kept the photo and letter in her pocket)

(Outside)

Al: I caught you Amy..

Am: uhh..it is impossible..nobody have ever caught me from here..

(Meanwhile Annie came out from the basement and prevented them from further quarrelling)

An: it,s just a game..we can play again.

(At  evening)

Annie was lying on the bed reading the letter again and again. She was curious to know what the letter was about..

An: Amy do you know the person in this photo??

Am: ummm...no..well who is he??

An: don,t tell to anyone ok... actually I got a letter from the basement. The letter was sent to our dad 6 years back..

Am: a letter...let me see..14 July 2014...but at that time dad was in the hospital..

An: how do you know..

Am: did you forget..on 16th of July he was going to have a surgery..

An: oh..I forgot about it..then how did the letter came out in the basement. Someone has to sign in order to receive Such a letter...

Am: yes...at that time everyone was in the hospital..that,s strange..

An:  look...the place in the photo... don't you think we have been there before??

Am: café corner...hey it is our dad,s favourite spot. During weekends he would loves to go there..

An: yes, he does..

(Alex came running into their room, shuts the door hardly and jumped into Annie,s bed)

Am: well..what do you think you are doing..

Al:me...I just want to hear some stories..

Am: now ...it,s evening only

Al: so...

Am: we can,t.. we are feeling sleepy now go and come back later..

Al: no...I want to hear the story now...
(He keeps crying as a baby)

Am: urghh...this kid..

An: well then..let me tell you a story..

(After the story)

Al: umm..the story is quite good...it is like my dad saying to me...

An: oh is it....

Al: mmm..my mom never get  the time to tell the stories..she was always busy working in the café...

Am: sorry to hear that...

Al: it,s ok..you know after the school... I would run into the café to go home with my mom..at that time I would spend time in the childcare next to it...I always feels sad when she works day and night in the café corner for us...

Am: wait...what did you say..cafécorner...

Al: yes...

An: how long she has been working there..

Al: that...I don't know...she has always been there when I goes to school...

Am: oh is it..

Al: yes

(Children, it,s dinner time get up...and have your food)

An: Alex, you can go we would come in a while..

Al: ok

(After Alex left the room)

Am: shh..don,t you think Alex,s mom have met our dad???

An: well...he might have..

Am: why don,t we go to the café and check about it???

An: but..she is dead..

Am: well...I know..I didn't, mean that..there would be a lot of customers who regularly comes to the café...we can ask if our dad have met the person in this photo...

An: well...we can even ask the people who works there...after all our dad was a special customer in their café..someone might have seen him with our dad...

Am: that,s true..
Annie, don't you feel like it is one of the investigation stories we loves to read??

An: hmm.. I never thought it would happen in our lives too...

Am: (giggles)

An: well...then let,s have dinner..

Am: hmm..ok