CHAPTER : 7

Night

The house was eerily unfamiliar at night. All was dark and quiet.it was mid winter.a mist hung in the air and the ground was moist after a heavy downpour of rain.

Amy found something strange in her dad,s behaviour so she asked Annie...

Amy: Annie, I think there is something strange about mr.joe

Annie: why so??

Amy: back when he drove us to the café corner he was sweating most of the time...like he really does not want us to go to the café corner...

Annie: even I found something strange about him.. when I was playing with Alex... He said the name Red...after Alex said this he stood there shivering like he has seen as a ghost..

Amy:  why did Alex said red??

Annie:  actually we were guessing the colours of the objects around us by closing the eyes..I had a blue ball on my hand...Alex just said it is red..so..

Amy: ohh...not only that.. a while back I peeked into Mr Joe,s bedroom...guess what...he was roaming inside the room here and there...he was looking scared most of the time..
Annie, why do I feel like he has something to do with this case??

Annie: well.. everyone around us is a suspect...

At that time Alex came into their room with a packet of buns in his hand..

Amy: oh buns...where did you get it???

Alex: yum..mum..well dad bought it from the store..

Amy: can I have one??

Alex: no...it is for his only dear son..

Amy turned into moody as always..

Annie got an idea..she decided to ask these questions to her dad itself...

So she went downstairs...
Mr Joe was reading books.he is an ardent fan of detective stories like us.

Annie: hmm..Mr Joe..uh..sorry I mean dad...you said you have been to café corner..is it??

Joe: umm..yes

Annie:  when was your last time you went there??

Joe: hmm..Annie why do I feel like you are questioning me..like a detective??

Annie: no..not at all...the matter is I love to know more about about you..so I decided to have a talk about it...

Joe: oh..I see.. well it,s been around 6 years after the death of the owner...

Annie: what has happened to him??

Joe: he had an accident... people say that he was drunk that night and while driving he hit the car on a pole and died at that instant.

Annie: oh... (silence fell in the room)

Joe: after hearing the news his wife turned violent and mad...police decided to take her to the lovetrust as she did not have any family... Well..Annie it,s time to sleep.. good night then..

Annie could not sleep.she was thinking of meeting mrs.tom with Annie. In her mind she was sure that mr.joe has something to do with this case...whatever it may be she would soon find the anwser of this  case.