Chapter 1: The Pocket Watch Girl

????? POV

It was the end... The end of everything...

Horrifying devil creatures were killing everyone all around...

The few remaining people just kept on running and escaping while trying to save their own lives...

Every single major city and town in Fiore was in total ruins...

And in between of all this chaotic scenario, my mother and I were desperately running towards the almost completely destroyed royal palace while looking for the last hope we had of preventing this whole crisis.

We were both traversing the capital city of Crocus while witnessing the whole destruction and battle roars all around us.

Ice and water attacks could be seen from afar, hitting almost every enemy in sight... Sounds of metal and swords clashing against each other could also be heard, as well as the potent strike of yellow lightnings destroying everything in their path. And in addition, there was also the sight of blazing orangish golden flames burning whatever was getting in their way.

There was no doubt, the few survivors of our guild were doing everything in their power to fight back the demonic monster-like army and keep my mom and I safe even though there was really no way they could win.

At any rate, my mom and I finally did it. We got to reach the royal palace and ventured ourselves to the deepest part of it, where the only option we had at that point lied...

The Eclipse Gate...

According to my friends, the Eclipse Gate is a giant mechanism that takes part in a very powerful, but also crazy dangerous, celestial magic spell capable of forming a bridge between 2 points in time.

The reason we needed something like that is that... I was chosen... Chosen to be sent back in time to long before this catastrophe even began... and prevent it from ever taking place for good.

"Ok then... It's time!" my mom firmly claimed as I tensed up a bit at the sight of the huge metallic door that was now fully operational and displaying a stunning golden light. "You... You gotta cross now, dear. We don't have much time!"

"B-but mom..." I replied with a troubled expression, only to be interrupted some moments later.

"You are going back to a time in which I was still very young... A time in which your father and I haven't even declared our love to each other yet"

"Y-yeah... I get that... But..."

At that moment, my mom took a firm but gentle grip of both of my shoulders and then made me look at her directly. "Remember everything that I told you about what you can and can't do while in there"

"Mom..."

"You must not reveal who you really are... at least not completely. You can only reveal one of your parents' names if necessary, but not both of them... understood?"

"W-well, I..."

"I said... UNDERSTOOD?!" my mom once again asked in a slightly scary way, to which I startled a bit and then ended up nodding at last. She on the other hand, remained silent for a couple of seconds and then nodded as well. "Good" she added in a low and troubled voice, after which she took out something she had been carrying for a very long time now... An old golden pocket watch. "Here... take this and don't ever lose it. Without it... you won't be able to..."

"I won't be able to return. I know, mom" I bluntly replied before my mom could finish. Then, I asked her one more thing with a concerned and depressed expression. "Mom... Are you sure this is the best choice?"