Chapter 16: Ice & Water Combo

Erza POV

Damn... It took a lot of effort, but I had successfully defeated Jonas after a very exhausting and long battle. After this, I didn't lose even a second and interrogated him in order to learn everything about what we were truly facing here. Nevertheless, I just couldn't believe all of what he told me in the end.

Turns out Jonas wasn't even the master of the Poison Fang dark guild anymore. The new master was none other than, according to Jonas's own words, a girl of disheveled hair who had appeared out of nowhere one day, and that had the exact same face as one of my dear comrades.

Yeah...

There was no doubt about it anymore. Angelane's doppelgänger had become the new master, meaning that things would probably get a lot harder from now on. "What about the seed?" I asked as I rubbed Jonas's neck with my sharp sword. "What is project Yaotzin? Tell me everything... Now!"

"Hmph! Someone like you doesn't need that info. In fact, you wouldn't even understand it" the man replied in defiance. "Poison Fang was created as a dark guild in all the meaning of the word. But unlike most of the dark guilds that are currently in existence, we don't believe the dark magic of Zeref to be the salvation this world needs"

I widened my eyes in surprise. "You aren't doing this on Zeref's behalf? Then why? Who are you doing this for?!"

"Heh! We prefer to search for such salvation on an even more ancient power. The one of the ancient demons and gods that reigned this world before Zeref even appeared"

"A-are you saying that...?"

"That's right... hehehe..." Jonas smiled maniacally while staring at me in the eyes. "Lord Yaotzin and his army will be brought back to this world one way or the other. And only once all of Earthland turns back into the original darkness it was, will humanity finally found the peace it needs. Yeah..."

...

...

...

"That's the kind of peace that Poison Fang looks for!"

Such stupidity...

I really had no intention of listening to this nonsense anymore. I had lost so much time in this fight that I had to continue my way before it was too late. Much was my surprise however, when, just as I was forcing Jonas to stand up in order to guide me, many of my friends showed themselves from far away. Seems like they had all managed to find me even in this horrible and annoying maze.

"Erza-san!" Wendy yelled as she approached.

Not only was I happy for seeing the little bluenette dragon slayer again, but also due to some other very dear faces like Mira, Lisanna, Cana, Levy and even Gajeel too.

"Guys!" I replied with a smile. "It's so good to see you are okay"

"Yeah... but you aren't that okay, are you Erza?" Mira replied in concern, to which I simply took a long sigh and smiled in an attempt to relax her.

"I'll be fine. I just need to rest for a while. Where are the others?"

"Unfortunately, they are all still lost somewhere in the maze" Wendy said. "These are all I could find with my dragon slayer nose"

"Don't forget about us!" an unknown happy voice suddenly claimed from one side, after which my friends and I switched our gaze and noticed both Angelane and Happy standing at the top of a nearby rock. The blue-haired daughter of Lucy and the cat jumped down and gathered with us much to our relief. And then, I finally dispose myself to explain the entire situation to my comrades.