Chapter 4: Deadly Pursuit

????? POV

I found myself inside the Poison Fang guild's secret lair alongside none other than the dark guild master himself, Jonas. He was seated over a throne as I leaned over his chair from behind while watching a magical lacrima which was displaying everything that was happening in town... including Fairy Tail's sudden and unwanted visit.

"Mmh... It appears you were right after all" Jonas said in a serious deep voice. "To think that Fiore's #1 guild would show itself here out of all places"

"You see? I told you they'd come sooner or later" I replied with a confident smirk, hidden behind my mask. "But I somehow feel this still isn't enough to convince you, is it?"

"Of course it isn't. You will need to try harder than that in order to prove you are telling the truth. And that mask covering your face isn't helping at all..."

...

...

...

"...HOWEVER... I can't deny that you've certainly caught my attention now" Jonas turned to look at me, eager to know what else I had to tell him. "So... What else you got?"

"Mmmh... Let me see"

At that moment, I watched what the lacrima vision had to display to us with rigor, searching for every major detail that could catch my attention until... I finally startled at the sight of HER.

Yeah... I couldn't be wrong.

She looked slightly different in physical appearance but... That hairstyle... That face... That guild mark on her shoulder... That ragged yellow cloth she was using as belt...Yeah... There was no doubt anymore. It was definitely HER. Someone who had to be dealt with before she could turn into a big problem. "That girl" I then said while pointing at the girl with light-blue hair. "That girl is gonna be a problem..."

...

...

...

"...KILL HER"

"Very well..." Jonas replied with a smirk as he then called for 2 of his subordinates. "Kurt! Uzach! You heard the lady! Go deal with these intruders, and get rid of the girl with light-blue hair and a guild mark on her shoulder!"

"As you wish, sir!" Kurt replied, firmly, as Uzach simply nodded with boredom in return.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Natsu POV

I found myself on a chase after the mysterious dark figure who had suddenly knocked down the person me and my team were interrogating. What is more, he was actually jumping from rooftop to rooftop all around town in an attempt to escape from me in any way he could. Nonetheless, I wasn't gonna allow it by any means!

At that moment, I jumped onto a nearby rooftop as well and kept on pursuing the ninja-like bandit without stopping. "Hey! Come back here!" I yelled, angrily, as the man simply turned his head towards me for a brief moment, and then totally ignored me. "HEY! I'M TALKING TO YOU, IDIOT!"

The man was too fast. So fast that he was actually leaving me behind more and more. But then, when he tried jumping towards another nearby rooftop, a huge wall of ice suddenly took form right in front of him.

"Get him now! Natsu!" Gray yelled as I used my fire to propel myself forward.

However, the quick bandit didn't stop at all, nor did he slowed down in the slightest. In fact, he jumped towards the massive ice wall that lied up front of him and then went straight through it as if it wasn't even there. "What on Earth?!" I asked in disbelief, only to smash through the ice with my fire moments later.