Chapter 15: 1 against 1 Thousand

Erza POV

This was really weird and unexpected. The entire landscape had transformed into some sort of underground maze. A maze with many walls, hallways and traps located strategically for us to fall right into them. As if that wasn't bad enough, I was also totally alone and without the slightest light around me to illuminate the way.

Some time later, a bunch of scary noises and loud screeches resonated from somewhere in between the darkness of the hallways. That's when I realized that maybe I wasn't alone here after all. But then, when the source of such screeches showed itself at last, I widened my look at a whole pack of demonic-looking beast running straight towards me from far away.

"D-damn it!" I yelled while running in the opposite direction and out of the monsters' reach, after which another pack of demons appeared right in front of me with intent to kill.

I had no other choice anymore. I was surrounded by monsters from every single direction, meaning my only choice was too fight back however I could.

...

...

...

But wait...

Wasn't this the exact same situation I faced during the grand magic games? Yeah... that's right! I had already fought 100 crazily powerful monsters in a row! So this was not anything I couldn't handle by any means!

"Re-equip!" I claimed as my outfit changed into my 'Clear Heart' armor in the blink of an eye. Though, more than an armor, it was simply a pair of katanas, some red pants, and some bandages covering my chest. "Bring it, monsters!"

Without hesitating a bit, I jumped right into the eye of the storm. Then, the big fight started as I slashed monster after monster, always finding another one behind the last one in order to keep attacking.

During the next couple of minutes, I literally did nothing but swing my blades as if there was no tomorrow. And by the time the wide amount of demons was finally no more, I leaned on my knees while panting slightly from exhaustion.

Of course I was tired... Definitely not as tired as I was after beating the 100 monsters back at the grand magic games, but still very tired nonetheless.

...

...

...

Unfortunately...

I did not get even a minute of rest after the victory I had attained. Because before I could even fully catch my breath, another problem showed itself out of the darkness of the hallway.

"Bravo! Bravo!" said a mysterious person while clapping at one side. Then, when I turned to look at who it really was, I startled after seeing none other than the master of the Poison Fang guild himself, Jonas. "Bravo, my dear! You did fantastic! I knew you were something special since the moment you were on your knees back at my previous lair"

"You... Were you watching everything?" I asked as I tiredly stood up.

"That's right... Watching you deal with all those monsters at once was such a spectacle to the eye. It's clear that you are way stronger than any regular mage"

Mmmh... Something was wrong...

I knew that this man was one of our many enemies, meaning he was here to get rid of me. However, he was also the master of the Poison Fang dark guild. So why was he here to begin with? Wouldn't it be more logical for him to stay spectating until the last moment?

"Anyway" Jonas continued as he approached. "Lots of stuff happened since our brief encounter at the other lair. For starters, I was humiliated by a mere brat of disheveled hair" Wait... A brat? "'That', combined with the fact that you just defeated more than 100 monsters by yourself, made me realize I have no chance of beating you... Or well..."