Chapter 2: New Destination

Lucy POV

It was dark already, and I found myself back at my own house along with the time traveler girl, Angelane.

Turns out after that... unexpected revelation about her being my teenage daughter from the far future, my friends immediately began asking all sorts of questions, especially the girls who were more than curious to know who on earth was my... future husband...

Oh jeez....

Anyway, in the end my friends also insisted a lot in that the blue-haired girl needed to stay with me at my house on the meantime given that... Well... we were both mother and daughter. And so, as she was now resting over my couch while graciously eating some dinner I prepared for her myself, I was seated over my bed, inspecting her with rigor while also weirding her out a bit with my stares.

"Ehh... Is everything okay?" Angelane asked while sweat-dropping with a grin. "You might actually kill me with your stares if you keep watching me, you know?"

"Oh, sorry" I replied after snapping back into reality. "It's just that... You know... This is all very difficult to assimilate"

"Don't worry. I understand. After all, I would be like that as well if any random stranger were to tell me I'm her mother" Angelane took a bite from her dinner. "By the way, this dish is really delicious! I'm glad to know my mom was such a great chef even in the past!" she then claimed while speaking with her mouth full.

"Th-thanks..." I muttered back a bit weirded out.

After that, I actually gave myself some more time to see and examine the girl's outfit in all of its splendor.

She was wearing a black sleeveless turtleneck shirt with a beige and also sleeveless jacket over it. What is more, she also had some tight dark grey pants and a pair of medium-sized brown boots similar to the ones I usually use. And in addition to all of that, she had one last accessory... An old, dirty and slightly burned yellow cloth which she was using as some sort of belt... AND... in which she also had a curious golden pocket watch hanging from.

"Mmmh... You... You said before your name was... Angelane Shard, right?" I then asked, nervously. "How weird... I really don't know anyone who has that last name"

"Oh, well... That probably means you just haven't met my father yet" Angelane happily replied. "But I can assure you, I really am your daughter. So, please trust me"

"D-don't worry... I do believe you..." I added with a fake grin. "And I'm also happy to know I have such an amazing daughter in the future. How old are you by the way?"

"I'm 17 right now. But in my future, I was gonna turn 18 that same year"

"I see... we are almost the same age then"

Angelane giggled slightly at my comment. "Seems like it"

Wow...

I am not gonna lie... Truth is I really was happy and excited for getting to meet another relative of mine, even if she was actually from another era. But at the same time, I felt kinda disappointed... Disappointed at the fact that my future husband ended up being just some random guy who I still didn't even know.

For real... If I had to choose my husband right now, I would like him to be someone with whom I'm a very close friend.

I wouldn't care if he's silly or messy, as long as he's brave and also someone who is always there to save me when I need it...

...

...

...

Huh? Wait a sec... Didn't I just described Natsu?