Chapter 14

There were so many words at the tip of my tongue. I wanted to lash out. I wanted to scream.

"Diana, how are you?" My mother said swiftly wearing her usual smile.

I stood frozen on the ground. I have no intention of moving forward. She must have sensed my stubbornness and decided to walk up to me instead.

Her heels clacked on the marble floor with each step. The moment she was at arms reach, I stared at her.

"Unbelievable." I said as quietly as possible.

"Are you doing well?" she asked. 

"Amazing, It has been really amazing. How about you? Are you doing well?" My voice was laced with sarcasm as I eye her from head to toe.

"How's your Dad?" Mom says.

"He's okay, he's been having the time of his life." I say. "He's been eating well too." I don't add, and drinking  bottles of liquor to numb the pain. Shattering it all afterwards on the floor. 

I took a step back and for a second she looked hurt. 

Deep down I wanted to hurt her.

"How did you know I was here?" 

"Penelope took me here. Penelope Mom. An overly rude girl. But between the two of you she doesn't seem that bad anymore. She actually had an ounce of decency to tell me where you are."

She nods and says, "Right." like something just became clear to her. 

Something's just become clear to me too. "You borrowed some money." I say.

I shook my head and laugh. "But you don't look like you're struggling on paying." 

"You're staying here at Penelope's. You're quite a girl, Mom. Trying to ride off her Dad. Why? Because of Money?" I reached a conclusion and lashed out. 

She looked upset with my words but she never tried to deny it.  The room was eventually filled with silence. 

"I-I was worried about you." She said softly.

I laughed dryly and stared at her face. 

"Worried." I said the word and broke into fits of laughter. 

"I wanted to take you with me." She said quietly. 

"At some point when you were gone, I wished that you would have taken me with you. Good thing that you didn't. Looking at you right now makes me so angry." I said and pointed my finger at her chest. "Save your worries. I don't need it. I don't want it and I don't want you." 

Suddenly a Man approached us out of nowhere. A man that looked like he lived in luxury his whole life. 

"What's going on?" He asked and made his way to my Mother. His arms immediately made its way to console her. I stared at them. I gave my mother a look. 

"You disgust me." I uttered every word filled with anger. 

The man looked surprised at what I said. 

"Watch your words." He said in a reprimanding manner.

"To hell with you both." I replied and walked myself out of their home. 

A/N:

Thank you for reading!