Chapter 3

I was sipping on my drink when I heard Claude shout while playing a game. I almost dropped it out of surprise but he quickly turned to my direction to catch it.

He grinned and gentle placed it back in my hand. "Sorry about that."

I smiled and just minded my drink. He patted my head and his attention was back on the game. I sighed and placed my feet on top of the table. I kept on biting the straw until I couldn't drink it anymore.

"Want to play?" He asked but I just shooked my head.

"I want more drink." I trailed off and was about to get it myself but he was already on his way to the kitchen.

Out of curiosity I grabbed the controller and continued the paused game. The moment I did the car he was driving crashed. I grimaced at how horrible I was but still continued anyway.

I kept of crashing and the life count was dropping. I looked at the controller with confusion because I think I'm pressing it right but it's still wrong.

Suddenly something cold landed on my cheek and I jolted up in surprise. "Claude!" I yelled at him and he laughed.

"Your drink, Diana." He grinned and then his eyed slowly landed on the monitor. His face dropped and looked at me in horror.

"You used up my lives." He whispered. I was already holding the iced chocolate drink and felt guilty.

"I'm sorry. Don't get angry." I quickly muttered and handed him the controller.

"I'm not angry." He laughed and sat next to me. "I just realized that you're horrible at this.

I looked at him in disbelief. "I just tried it for fun." I defended. He looked at me sheepishly because I was clearly embarrassed.

"Of course, Miss perfect." He joked and I frowned.

We spent the afternoon just lazing around. After he was bored with his games we kept on watching movies until everything started to get hazy. I kept on yawning and little did I know, I drifted off to sleep.

The moment I woke up I felt a hand combing the strand of my hair. My head was on a pillow and I was sleeping on his lap. My eyes widened and Claude just continued doing what he was doing.

"Sleep more. I'll take you home after we have dinner." He said and turned the volume of the t.v. up since I was already awake.

I closed my eyes again because I felt like I needed more sleep. This actually feels nice. Having a place to feel this sense of peace is quite rare for me. But before I do I have to open my mouth to say some things.

"Don't you think I'm too gloomy to be your friend?" I asked and his hand stopped combing my hair.

I opened my eyes only to meet his sad ones. "I have a talent for finding lovely people." He answered and it made me smile bitterly.

"You sure?"

"Definetely."

"You have a crappy talent then." His laughter filled the room at what I said.

"You and your sarcastic mouth."