Chapter 2: "They were all old chauvinistic men."

A/N

Yes I'm back loves! 

Hope you enjoy this chapter! 

New cover courtesy of the amazingly talented @Binna06, thank you so much as always! 

Important A/N below!

"Hello darling, have you been avoiding me?"

Aiden Clark.

My living nightmare.

I don't know how it happened. When I was around 15, Aiden started showing interest in me. I can't lie and say I didn't find him attractive. He had dark blonde hair that was shaved at the sides, dark blue eyes that stared into your soul. He was around six foot. His jawline could cut glass and he was built like a machine.

Him being a psycho was a bit of a turn off though.

He asked me out when I was 15 and he had just turned 16. At the time, many girls my age were waiting until they found their mates. I didn't believe in that, I knew that many boys my age weren't going to wait for their mates, so why should I? So I agreed to go out on one date with him.

I quickly realized that although I was attracted to Aiden, he was obsessed with me. After our date he followed me everywhere, from school, to training, and he even went as far to show up in my bedroom in the middle of the night.

I didn't tell anyone, but I decided that the best thing would be for me to end whatever it was.

Aiden didn't like that. He went on a rampage and killed 20 rogue prisoners. He said that we were mates and we were destined to be together. Of course, we didn't know we were mates, but everyone just assumed we would be because of how "close we were." Apparently we had a natural "connection" that meant we were mates. Unless being abused every day was considered a "connection," I call total bullshit.

That same night where he killed 20 rogue wolves, he showed up in my room covered in blood. It's a sight that still haunts me to this day. He threatened to torture and kill Binna if I didn't stay with him. Of course I agreed to stay with him.

It was an abusive relationship and I had no way out. Being a werewolf meant that I healed faster than a normal human. So whatever he did to me was usually gone by the next day.

Unless he used silver.

My hope was that we weren't mates and that he'd leave me alone once he realized that. That was unlikely. I wasn't sure he would even let me go if he found his mate.

I was drawn out of my reverie by Aiden's hands tightening across my waist even more. I realized I had yet to answer his question.  Orion was still staring darkly at Aiden. His usually kind brown eyes were full of hate for Aiden.

Orion didn't know how bad it was with Aiden, but he never liked him. Especially when Aiden tried to get me to stay away from him. I did a heavy amount of begging so that I could still see my best friend.