Chapter 19: "Time for a change of subject."

I know it's been a while, but I'm back! Thank you @laeeqalmfao for the new banners! I love them. 

Update major brain far, i uploaded Artemis' banner instead of ryder.

My mate said she would come with me

My mate said she would come with me. She didn't promise that we'd be in a relationship, but baby steps I guess.

I watched Artemis as she strode out of Alpha Clark's office, her coat billowing out behind her. Colton came out soon after, slamming the door roughly behind him. He glanced over at me and scowled.

Is this man ever happy?

"I guess he didn't take the news well." Apollo chuckled from his place beside me.

"What gave you your first clue? The shouting coming from inside, or the look of death he just gave us?" I said sarcastically.

"Hey, no need to be snippy." Apollo raised his hands in surrender. "Jeez. You'd have thought you'd be in a better mood." I turned my head and raised a brow at him. "Well, your mate is coming home with us."

"Yes, but you heard her say that she'd see how it went. That's not acceptance of the bond." I grumbled, pushing off the wall and walking in the direction that Artemis had gone. I honestly didn't know what to think. She was with Aiden, yet she never looked happy, but she never showed any signs of liking me. Yet she was planning on coming to my pack for a few months. What was going on inside her mind?

"It's also not a rejection of the bond," Apollo said, following along beside me.

"We'll see," I sighed. Time for a change of subject. "Who do you think Adam's mate is?" Apollo gave me a look that told me he wasn't fooled by sudden topic change.

"We-" He started, before being cut off.

"Alpha Black, Zeta Williams, could I have a word?" Alpha Clark asked from his office. We glanced at each other in confusion before shrugging and walking in.

"What's wrong, Alpha Clark?" I asked as I walked into the office that was becoming way too familiar to me.

"Noah's fine. For you as well, Zeta." He waved a hand, offering us a seat in front of the desk. "I wanted to talk to you about Artemis." Both Apollo and I stiffened.

"I don't need to be here," Apollo said warily. Noah gave him a knowing look as he intertwined his hands on the desk.

"Artemis and I are very close, she has said before that she wished her mother had left her with me instead of Colton." He explained, looking fondly at the picture of him and Artemis on the wall. "As such, she told me about a certain twin brother she had."

"You mus-" Apollo started to deny but Noah raised a hand to stop him.

"I'm not stupid, apart from hair colour, you are the spitting image of your sister, Apollo." Apollo inhaled sharply, as Noah Clark stared him down.