Chapter 3: "I still outrank you for two days."

A/N

Yes I know I know, I'm back a week early. But my last exam is in a week, so I decided to celebrate by uploading.

Enjoy the chapter loves 💞

I gasped as I shot up in my bed

I gasped as I shot up in my bed. I threw the covers off me and put my head between my knees. I swallowed the nausea building up in my stomach.

Another nightmare.

I had nightmares practically every night. They could be from the night my mother left me, or from the numerous things Aiden has done to me. Either way they kept me from ever getting a good night's sleep.

I checked my watch and saw it was three am. I sighed and pushed myself off the bed. I still had three hours before my dad and I had to meet Alpha Clark at the border. I knew I wasn't going back to sleep, so I needed to find something to keep me occupied.

I would go on a run.

I didn't even bother changing out of my pjs as I tiptoed down the stairs. Sneaking out when your parents have werewolf hearing is not easy. As I walked into the living room I almost gave myself a heart attack when I spotted Binna on the couch.

Her head was in her hand, her dark brown hair was stuck under her hand. Her other hand was holding a book. She had fallen asleep while reading again. I smiled softly at my little sister. I would do anything for her. I walked quietly over to her and gently took the book out of her hands. I made sure to bookmark her page before placing it on the table gently. I grabbed a blanket from the arm rest and carefully placed it over her. I leant forward and placed a soft kiss on her forehead. I turned the lamp off beside her, and walked out of the house quietly.

Once outside I took a deep breath, inhaling the fresh air. The wind changed and suddenly the whiff of alcohol and pine made itself known. I smirked slightly as I recognized the smell.

"Braxton," I said as I heard him stumble up the stairs. "You missed dinner."

"Shit," he muttered under his breath. I turned around and crossed my arms over my chest. Even though it was dark, my enhanced vision made it easy to see my older brother's tall form. His brown eyes were red rimmed, and his dark hair all tousled. His pupils were dilated and I could smell the alcohol coming from him in waves, he's most likely high, as well as drunk. How fantastic for me. His lips were swollen and his cheeks were covered in lipstick.

"So were you planning on sneaking in or?" I drew out my question.

"Well yeah that was the plan, until you decided to do your freaky jedi shit and sensed me coming." I chuckled quietly. I tended to catch Braxton sneaking into the house, and he always said it was because I had jedi powers or something. In reality, I just smelt his overpowering scent.

"I'm pretty sure even a human could smell the alcohol on your breath." I said shaking my head. "Brax, are you ok?" I knew he was going through something, but I didn't know what or why. Braxton and I had major differences, mainly because of how sexist he was, he treated me and other women like lesser beings. Despite the differences, in the end we were family. We just didn't get along often.