Chapter 26: "Perhaps it Will."

I held on tight to Artemis as we sped through the forest, weaving in and out of trees

I held on tight to Artemis as we sped through the forest, weaving in and out of trees. Apollo was going to hate this. He loved his fancy ass sports car.

"Artemis," Apollo growled through the ear piece. "This car was not built for this kind of ride." I smiled slightly. Artemis responded by speeding up and laughing into the ear piece.

"I warned you, brother," Artemis said, mirth coating her tone. A stray branch hit me in the face as I looked up for slightly too long. "Ryder, I'd suggest keeping your head down. There are some low flying branches."

"Yeh, no shit," I rolled my eyes as I leant my head against the back of her shoulder. "Why are we taking the scenic route anyways"

"Apart from the guards at the front entrance, all the Warriors will hopefully still be at the Ceremony." She explained as we weaved in and out of trees.

"Hopefully?!" Apollo exclaimed, his voice tense as his BMW struggled to deal with the terrain.

"I can't guarantee anything," Artemis sounded awfully blasé. "This was a half baked plan, I didn't have time to fully plan anything out."

"Little boss," Orion spoke up from where he was behind me, his voice tense.

"I know," Artemis replied, her voice tight.

"What's wrong?" I asked. Artemis didn't respond but simply pulled a sharp turn and stopped the bike moving. She placed one foot on the ground as Apollo swore and slammed the breaks.

"What the fuck Artemis?" Apollo exclaimed, as Orion and Lewis came to a stop beside us.

"Keep going Apollo," Artemis ordered, climbing off the bike elegantly, and lifting up her visor. I shifted in my seat as I watched her.

"What? No fucking way are we leaving you guys," I heard Artemis sigh as she strode over to where Orion and Lewis were. She whispered to him as she ignored her brother yet again.

"We will meet up with you at the gas station ten kilometres north of here. We will lose bluetooth connection when you get out of range but Adam and Binna have my emergency phone number." I watched curiously as Artemis opened the car door and gestured for Adam to give her something. She pulled out her quiver and bow. Slinging them over her back she walked back to me. "Orion and Lewis will take the lead, just follow them."

"But–" Artemis cut her brother off.

"Go, I will take care of this." I heard Apollo mutter expletives but he muttered his affirmation and waited for Orion and Lewis to speed in front of him. Artemis waited until the BMW had sped off behind them before she turned and strode back to me.

I lifted up my visor as she came up close. "Wanna tell me what the fuck's going on?" I hated being kept in the dark, and Artemis was clearly used to keeping her plans to herself. That wouldn't work with me.