Chapter 5: "What does Hades Want?"

A/N 

Hi loves, 

I know this is super duper late, but it's here now! 

Hope you enjoy! 

When I go ready this morning to meet the Dark Moon pack, I didn't know I would be seeing my twin brother for the very first time in fourteen years

When I go ready this morning to meet the Dark Moon pack, I didn't know I would be seeing my twin brother for the very first time in fourteen years. As well as the very specific scent coming from Alpha Black. It sort of smelt like honey and chocolate. It smelt welcoming and warm. A complete contrast to his actual personality, or so it seemed.

I had a hypothesis of why I was smelling his scent so distinctly. It was not, however, a hypothesis I wanted to explore at this very moment.

My morning had started off badly when I came downstairs to see the Alpha and his son in my living room...

I strapped my throwing knives onto the inside of my jacket before going downstairs to meet up with my father.

"Ah good morning Artemis," dad said enthusiastically. Braxton was next to him looking thoroughly hungover. Aiden and his father were also there, standing in the doorway.

"Good morning, what's with all the people?" I asked, gesturing to the two boys with a questioning look. Aiden narrowed his eyes at me, and moved his eyes as if to say 'come here'.

"The Alpha thought it would be a good idea to have the boys come along for learning purposes." I nodded as I reluctantly walked over to Aiden and gave him a hug.

Aiden has reassured me that I would pay for my apparent show of disrespect later. For now I was walking behind the newcomers and keeping an eye on them as well as our surroundings. We were just outside pack territory so there was a risk of rogue attack.

As I walked I observed 'David' or as I knew him, Apollo. I was almost a hundred percent sure that this was my twin. He may have changed his name, but there was one distinguishing factor that made it clear that he was my twin. His eyes. The only thing he couldn't hide. I had previously tried to wear contacts to look more normal but the contacts quickly disintegrated. Technically he didn't even change his name, he just started using his middle name.

"How was the drive, Ruby? Can I call you Ruby?" Braxton asked as he walked alongside Theta Ruby. I rolled my eyes at Braxton's clear attempts of trying to strike up a conversation with her. She was way out of his league. She made a pair of overalls look like a ball gown.

Braxton, don't try flirting, she is the Alpha's little sister. I warned through the mindlink. He shot me a glare over his shoulder. Not only was she the Alpha's sister, but judging from the scent coming from both Beta Lewis and Theta Ruby, she was also the Beta's mate. When two people had accepted the mating bond and mated, their scents became intertwined. Braxton was playing with fire even talking to her.

Stay out of it. He basically growled at me through the link.

It's your funeral. I shrugged, he just raised his middle finger behind his back.