Chapter 9: "Someone had hit her."

A/N

Hi loves, 

Late update but it's finally here!

I was half asleep against the wall as the meeting dragged on

I was half asleep against the wall as the meeting dragged on. It had been four hours since we started negotiations, and I was unsure why I was needed. There had been a lot of arguments and general chaos during this meeting, but I think the treaty was going well. Although I have no idea because I stopped paying attention hours ago. None of the information being talked about was important for me to know. I had noticed Apollo dozing off a few times as well. 

"Artemis?" I blinked my eyes to see that everyone was staring at me. I smiled sheepishly. Alpha Clark was looking at me with questioning eyes, I realized he must have asked me a question.

"Sorry I didn't hear you, what did you say?" I said apologetically as my father sighed with a roll of his eyes. He needs to sort out his priorities. Me almost falling asleep during a boring meeting was not one of them.

"I asked you if you had any idea how many rogues there are between our two packs?" I tilted my head back as I thought. Of course I knew the number of rogues roaming outside our border, but between our territory and Alpha Black's, that was more tricky.

"I'd have to confer with Zeta David to get more precise numbers, so I'll get back to you tomorrow." I said, as Apollo nodded in affirmation.

"I expect the numbers by tomorrow morning," Alpha Clark told me, I just nodded in understanding. "Now--" He was interrupted by a knock at the door. "What is it?" He snapped, as the person timidly opened the door. It was a young male cub who served as Alpha Clark's assistant. He was also one of my trainees. He looked scared shitless to be interrupting this meeting, and looking at everyone I couldn't blame him.

"I'm sorry to bother you Alpha," He gulped hard. "The Beta's daughter is here asking to see either him or the Zeta." I raised my eyebrows slightly as I locked eyes with my dad. Binna? She knows not to interrupt during important meetings, something must be wrong.

"Tell her to wait there and we'll come see her when the meetings are over." We? If something's wrong with my sister, no chance am I going to wait for this meeting to be over.

"Sir, s-she seems really upset." He stuttered out. I restrained myself from rolling my eyes at the stutter, I don't blame the kid for being stressed, but seriously a stutter?

"I'll go," I said, pushing off the wall and walking towards the door. It wasn't like I was actually required for this meeting anyway.

"But--" My dad started, but Alpha Clark interrupted him.

"Go make sure she's ok, if anything concerning you is brought up I'll let you know tomorrow." He said, as I shot him a grateful look. I quickly walked out and the young male followed behind me.

"Where is she?" I asked immediately as we left the room.

"She's in the second floor living room." I nodded and thanked him before striding off towards the second floor living room. I walked in and immediately spotted Binna in the corner of the room, on a brown leather couch, sitting in a ball and rocking back and forth. Binna was a sensitive girl, but it wasn't like her to have a breakdown like this. Not unless something really bad happened. A number of other pack members were in the room giving her weird looks.